Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what was the best bang for the buck for my zrt 800, great sled but, have the need for speed. I know its old but I heard they can still run with the best of them, love the 150hp motor, but was wondering if any one had past experience on tuning them and what they found was secessful far as clutching, trail porting, gearing, what size track and weight reduction.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (98zrt800 @ Jan 18 2007, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was just wondering what was the best bang for the buck for my zrt 800, great sled but, have the need for speed. I know its old but I heard they can still run with the best of them, love the 150hp motor, but was wondering if any one had past experience on tuning them and what they found was secessful far as clutching, trail porting, gearing, what size track and weight reduction.[/b]
98zrt800, welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

I know you're focused on more power, but if you want to kill them on the trails it already has enough power.

That sled lacks in front end suspension performance. If your suspension can handle the bumps better than the new sleds, you can drive faster than them over the junk. IMO, nearly double the front travel and 46" stance competes rather well with the latest tech.

I'll bet you're already not even using the 150hp to full potential on the trails as it is... The reason is because you can only take so much pounding with that stock front end. Click the link below to have a look at what I'm talking about:

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...ost&p=80603

:chug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts