Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever come across ball joints for an arcitc cat at an auto parts store with grease ******* on them? i'am needing to replace my top ones and want a good set. I have factories in there right now and only got 600km out of them and there gone again. Iam staying away from the all balls garbage and some others that suck. Iam in the mud alot and need something to hold up.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I know some people who have drilled and tapped fittings in there new factory ball joints prior to installing. I don't know any auto part ball joints that fit the cats.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
something like these not sure if there the same but they look it. NAPA AUTO PARTS

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are they factory or aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
i get tons of miles on oem and im in water in mud every ride

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
3000+kms

·
Administrator
40,727 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I took mine apart, There wasn't much grease in them from the factory I drilled a hole in them with a carbide drill and installed press in zerks. When I grease them I can't feel much grease going in. I also have sealed Delrin bushings in all of my suspention arms with grease fittings. My stock bushings were shot at 3200 Mi. the new ones have 4000 Mi. and are still good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you still running those heavy tires?

Yep there still on there. But that shouldn't make 2500-3500km difference. Lots of guys run a heavy tire and are in mud all day long.

·
Administrator
40,727 Posts
I run 28" outlaws and I've only had to change 2 lowers since new

1 - 15 of 15 Posts