Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 366 4x4

Is it common to have bad ball joints and control arm sleeves go bad in 253 miles?

The bike rides great, nice and smooth. I happen to be a certified automotive mechanic and i was checking over the bike to make sure everything was tight and i cam across two ball joints (one upper and one lower) having a lot of play and all the front and back control arm bushings having a lot of play.

(not to mention a few months after owning the machine i was riding slowly with my wife (4 mph) and my left rear wheel fell off! Yep, it fell off. Come to find out there wasn't a cotter pin through the spindle and the axle nut came off. The threads were fine so i put the nut back on and torqued it down along with a new cotter pin. No problems since.)

It has 25" Kenda Executioners, Warn 2500lb winch and a few other aftermarket mods...

Any comments, and or suggestions?

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Its not normal to have ball joints go bad that early, but the a-arm bushing are not the best but that still soounds early for them to go out most people get more miles out of them then that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think this would be covered under warranty? Or do you think they would say heck no.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I would try with that low of miles on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts