Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking over my 05 500a I found the left front shock is not centered in the spring. I noticed it because the paint is worn off the shock from rubbing the spring. It was rolled last year and the frame was replaced but I don't think they replaced the shocks. Doesn't seem to cause any trouble. I rode it a couple months last year after the frame was replaced without any problems.
Do I need to replace the shock, spring or both?. Could it be the shock bushings? I pulled the shock and the bushing looks OK.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
check the top of shock to make sure the spring is sitting in the retainer, wouldn't be too concerned mine rubs the shock also, spring looks to have a bit of a bow in it causing it to rub on one or two of them, the others look good.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
well if your looking to spend money you can try a new setup but 50/50 chance it will/won't do it again. think i have one on the front and one on the rear that rub and wife's 04 500 has one on the front that also rubs the shock, not when extended but probably compressing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts