Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else with bad experience of articwear snowmobileclothing?

2011 I bought a pair of snowmobilepants that already after a few weeks started to soak up water in normal riding conditions. Never been washed or used in rain. Then the little strapper that are supposed to "tie" the pants to the shoes lost all there flexibility and short after the thing that are used to pull upp the zipper fell off :mad:

Last year on i got a jacket that also weren't water repellant, the zippers got stuck, the buttons fell off and the stitches broke. These clothes aren't cheap but my 15 years old cheap clothing is now better than this crap :mad:

Just bad luck? Have to buy new cloathes for next winter and i think it will not be arctic wear. Maybe Klim or Rukka?

·
Registered
192 Posts
my castle x coat from last year is doing like the same thing. it still repels water and has it zippers but the threads are coming apart. theres always a random string(s) hanging off it. and the black bleeded into the white n wont come out. damn clothing is getting cheaply made -.-

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Arcticwear quality has gone down since they stopped making them in Minnesota in 2006/2007.

For castle some items have a 1 year and some have a 3 year warranty. If you have a receipt then take it along with the item (it has to be washed) to where you got it.

If you want a real warranty best to go with Klim as they have a lifetime warranty.

·
Team ArcticChat
6,966 Posts
I didn't want to pay for klim gear.. But their boots were the only ones comfortable for me. FXR felt like moon boots, but did seem to be good quality. After a season with the klim boots I certainly respect what their product. Very well made, super warm, water proof and great ankle support. I'm gonna upgrade everything as it needs to be replaced. I know it's expensive but if you careful you'll have it a long time!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
motorfist
Have you any experience of "Rekon bib" and "Sidehill jacket" . I think i will try an anorak this time and i want high pants to protect the back from snow and cold in backcountry riding.

Im tall so i need "long sizes". (190cm/85kg)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
721 Posts
Arcticwear quality has gone down since they stopped making them in Minnesota in 2006/2007.

For castle some items have a 1 year and some have a 3 year warranty. If you have a receipt then take it along with the item (it has to be washed) to where you got it.

If you want a real warranty best to go with Klim as they have a lifetime warranty.

I agree 100%. I always thought their clothing was the best in quality. But like you said went down hill fast when the moved production.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
the set of arcticwear I have has performed fantastically for me since I bought it. Granted, my jacket is older like, 07 08, but the pants are 2010, maybe 2011 ladies pants. They keep me dry and warm and have not deteriorated in any manner. Maybe you just got a bad garment? Id think theyd replace it.... gratis

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The Cat clothing is nothing special ever since they quit making it themselves. My last jacket had issues with the inside insulation falling down to the bottom of the jacket making it cold. My new jacket '09 I believe is better but the orange ran into the white when I washed it, and it wasn't the first time I washed it when this happened??? I will be buying a different brand when I purchase again. Klim is nice, but now that it is owned by Polaris I would imagine they will push them to make it cheaper.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Snowmobile clothing seems to vary greatly in quality. My girlfriend has had great luck with her Cat, Drift Racing, and FXR clothing. I have had mixed results with my Cat clothing. I finally just decided to bite the bullet and purchase some Motorfist clothing..... Wow, their stuff is amazing.

I would have a tough time going back to Cat clothes now that I've had premium clothing....the down side is the cost. I spent more for my Motorfist Redline suit than I care to admit....ouch.....

A very large online snowmobile clothing vendor is located in Bemidji, MN so I was able to go to their location directly to find what fit me best. I tried on Cat clothing at the dealer, then went to the vendor and tried FXR, Klim, Coldwave, and HJC. I ended up buying the Motorfist gear... I am 6'5" and 310 lbs., so I usually have to try on a ton of gear to find something that fits me well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts