Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, been having some issues for a little while. I have an '06 400 auto. It is ideling really rough. After a few minutes, it will die out. I thought the carb might have been a little clogged due to sitting for nearly a year, so tried some heat and some sea foam. Still has the problem. It was always fine if I was on the throttle, but when I let off, it would idle real rough and after a while, it would choke and die out. Yesterday, I go out to start it and see what the latest is and it just sat turning over, but never started. I used the manual choke on the side of the carb, gave it a couple shots and it started right up, but then died again. I am thinking maybe the electric choke has gone bad? Is there any way to test the electric choke?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Checked with dealer . They said pull autochoke out, turn ignition on and needle on choke should pull in in about 5min.. If not it is bad . If working ok dis. carb and clean probably gumed up . Hope this helps . Seafoam will not work if gumed up .

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
That Is True With Sea Foam But Good For Any Water That May Be In Gas

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son had a Arctic cat with electric choke and I unplug the choke button and there is a tube on the carburetor with nothing going to it mine is right behind the electric choke hold ur finger over it and it starter right up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts