Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I know lesss angle = better backshift, but how would the backshifts compare on a 57/50 vs. 53 degree helix. I need to fine tune but don't want to lose backshift.

·
Administrator
20,050 Posts
with the 57/50 being ''lapped over'' onto both sides of the 53, the upper ranges of shifting out will have a better backshift (70mph+ range), while the lower range will have a slower backshift with the steeper angle and less torsional load down low (all settings being equal between the two)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured. I live on a pond where we're out drag racing all the time. BUT...I also have trails leading out my back door. I'm just looking for the best of both worlds. If I'm drag racing, the 53 over revs on take off until shift out but it's fine in the trails. I'm just trying to cure the over rev but keep the backshift. I've tried many combos, can't have both I guess. Is more weight with less helix the answer?

·
Administrator
20,050 Posts
seek weights with substantially biased tip weight distribution, this will allow the top over rev to subside, initially have enough weight down low to get the lower r's you seek, but with enough tip weight to pull down revs on top, then a little at a time remove a slight amt of tip weight until you achieve the shift pattern you seek (that's the in-expensive way, different finishing angle helixes with same starting angles is the cleaner but more expensive way)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts