Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 H1 started backfiring a bit when I was on a run the other day, I'd go heavy on the throttle and let off then it would backfire? I just finished cleaning the air filter, never drove it since but the filter was dirty. Any other suggestions what may be causing this? Thx....

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Did you do any other work other than the air filter? Check the airbox seal, did you oil the filter, somehow change your intake? Is the gas getting old?

WC

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
That's not unusual. Heavy acceleration will have the carb flowing maximum fuel to the cylinder. When you let off the gas, there will be residual fuel going to the hot cylinder. Even though you've let off the gas, the left over fuel going into the engine will be ignited by the hot cylinder and compression rather than the spark. That's why it backfires because the ignition is off time with the valves. The same effect can be done in a car by shutting off the engine at speed. If it's back firing while you're on the gas, that a different story.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the info... No it doesn't backfire under throttle, I get the whole logic now.. Yeah I did oil the filter, not saturated, just a few little spritz.

Thx

·
Registered
361 Posts
My friends 06 H1 was doing the same thing, it turned out that the carb was loose...just a thought. :site:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
In the colder temp you'll be a little lean turn out the fuel screw another 1/4 turn will help in the winter.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (650 Crazy Cat @ Jan 14 2007, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In the colder temp you'll be a little lean turn out the fuel screw another 1/4 turn will help in the winter.[/b]
Exactly what 650CC said. Turn out the pilot (fuel) screw a quiter turn and that should take the backfiring on decel away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts