Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering if any of you have gone back country riding in western maine near Bosebuck cabins? If so do you use gps or is there maps, or do you just go for it and find your way back? And one more question, is it mostly woods/hills or is it more field riding?

Thanks in advance, Chris

·
Registered
153 Posts
It is all woods, but there is plenty of backcountry riding to be had up there... Grab a Maine Atlas and go the the map where Oquossoc/Rangeley is and find some elevation, and go from there!!

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Frank here, i,m from salem nh and i came up to madawaska maine yesterday and i'll say 1 thing there is a **** load of snow here,over a foot and i know there was plenty before the new snow, like 3 feet.
broke trail over to almost ft kent on its85.
but the big valley on the power lines kinda stop me because with this deep snow i didn't want to get stuck down in the middle if i didn't make it up the other side.
its still whiteout conditions right now and surpose to snow the good part of the day still.
talk to club asno in nb last night and they said they were going to groom tonight.
talked to moose valley last night and they said grooming tonight also.
and talk to doo dealer in ft kent and he told me that if it gets under 30 tonight the groomer will go out.
all and all the big snow has fallin and i'm lovin it.
i have a 15 ins track and i'll groom the **** my self, lmao
anyway i can see riding in this area for over a week and then some and as far as nb, moose valley,asno, they got over 17 ins and i know it is still snowing over there today too.
and before the new snow there was 3 to 5 feet over there 2 weeks ago when i was there.
if anyone from up this way wants to ride over there tomorrow let me know.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Frank here, i,m from salem nh and i came up to madawaska maine yesterday and i'll say 1 thing there is a **** load of snow here,over a foot and i know there was plenty before the new snow, like 3 feet.
broke trail over to almost ft kent on its85.
but the big valley on the power lines kinda stop me because with this deep snow i didn't want to get stuck down in the middle if i didn't make it up the other side.
its still whiteout conditions right now and surpose to snow the good part of the day still.
talk to club asno in nb last night and they said they were going to groom tonight.
talked to moose valley last night and they said grooming tonight also.
and talk to doo dealer in ft kent and he told me that if it gets under 30 tonight the groomer will go out.
all and all the big snow has fallin and i'm lovin it.
i have a 15 ins track and i'll groom the **** my self, lmao
anyway i can see riding in this area for over a week and then some and as far as nb, moose valley,asno, they got over 17 ins and i know it is still snowing over there today too.
and before the new snow there was 3 to 5 feet over there 2 weeks ago when i was there.
if anyone from up this way wants to ride over there tomorrow let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts