Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to replace my left front axle, and it wouldn't budge no matter what we tried. So we were going to pop the front right axle out and punch the left axle out through the diff. But when I went to pop the right axle out, it came out of joint at the diff cup. So I have two broke axles, and can't get either of them to budge. We've tried ratchet straps, even tried to winch them out, and they won't budge an inch! Anyone, please give any suggestions to get these axles out!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new axles should plunge at both ends and you have to push the shaft into the cup to release them from the diff, but you already knew this right.
Yeah, Rick, we tried that first. Ideally, it would've popped right on out. Then we wrapped a strap around the cup, and the other end around a hammer handle and gave it several good jerks. Nothing. Then we tried the winch. Didn't budge. I'm at a complete loss now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
grab the axel shaft and push it into the inner cup as far as it will go and hold it in. then with the shaft pushed grab the inner cup with your free hand and pull the cup out. you are gonna have to push the shaft in hard and hold or the cup will not come out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys! I finally figured out that you have to push in WHILE pulling out, instead of pushing in THEN pulling out. THanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts