Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that there was a plastic ski that Arctic made for the AWSI front suspension with the cast "Prowler type" spindles. I understand that they won't fit in the standard Cat plastic ski because the spindle is wider where it mounts to the ski.

[attachment=61616:purpski.JPG]

Are these those fabled skis? They appear to have a very wide mounting area? I have attempted to ask the person selling them on ebay a question, but haven't gotten a response yet, so thought I would see what those here know.

Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yes they are the right ones. I have had good luck putting regular skis on the prowler style front end, I just used a reciprocating saw to cut off the ends of the spindle where there is a gap between the cast part and the washer that is on each side of the casting. If you cut this away, you will leave an area similar to the newer sleds and they will fall right into place on the newer skis. I believe that it is number 11 on this pic that needs to be trimmed. Just take the skis off and cut them off of each side and put new skis on. But....If you get these then you won't have to.

~Fast

1 - 4 of 4 Posts