Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the coolest thing ever! We dropped into the bowl on Mt. Dilworth, and right before our eyes the entire slope let go! I saw the whole thing, the snow sagged and formed a shear line at the top, the snow then broke into slabs, then the whole thing came rippin down. We were aware that there is a high avalanche hazzard now, and after digging my bud out earlier this year we are a little gunshy so we werent hitting any steep stuff. I`m pretty sure it was the sound of our sleds that triggered it, as we had just made the bottom of the bowl and were pinning it across the flat bottom. What a cool thing to see. The deposit is huge, and the snow is wet so it set up like concrete. Theres not much chance of surviving a burial in that avy. If you look closely you can see old sled tracks on the hill that were buried under the new snow on the layer that sheared. Its a very popular place to high mark, gotta be carefull!

[attachment=69969:2007_Mar_30_024.jpg]

[attachment=69970:2007_Mar_30_025.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Sharon loves to ride. With the 2 year old and 2 month old she doesnt get a chance to go. I guess she would if i was lactating. Anyone who wants to come here will get the royal treatment, and the ride of a lifetime.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Awsome pics. becareful and stay safe....... :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts