Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 500m is the hyd brake prone to problems and is it better or worse than the cable operated unit from the 03 and earlier models. Considering reverting to the earlier style. Also I found a standard size blade circuit breaker but no minis like are installed on my quad...any part #'s wanting to replace the fan fuse with a self rersetting circuit breaker.......Thanx in advance

·
Administrator
8,019 Posts
The 03 cable rear brake works the brake light only, it's one or the worst brakes ever. I adjusted it until it dragged, I can step on it as hard as possible and still roll the quad by hand. 04's had to be better, I know 05 rear brakes are pretty good. I called my dealer about the 03 brakes and he said they are an assist for the hydralic brakes and a poor one at that. I'm thinking about removing it completely for some weight savings, it does nothing. The 05-06-07 brake is the way to go.

·
Registered
333 Posts
:stop_nono: Cable foot brake on the 03's are garbage. Mines sittin' in the circular file as well.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Regarding the mini ATO fuses. Go to any auto outlet and ask for them. They're readily available. Hydraulic brake systems are far better than mechanically actuated systems provided they are properly maintained.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts