Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a pair of Atv boots, Maybe with lug soles. What are the best brands out there? Thanks for any info available. slomo

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I have had a pair of the Thor Quadrant boots (with the MX sole) for 2 years and they are still holding up great. For a riding boot they are very comfortable, until you have some walking to do, also they keep your feet amazingly dry. When doing any riding on my DVX I always wear my boots and feel very vulnerable when I dont have them, the added support is great. It does take a bit of time to get used to the lack of flexing MX boots offer, but I wouldn't go without them now.

·
Registered
782 Posts
WADERS lol well ya have to down here

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
When riding the DVX I always wear my gaerne, pretty good boot takes some time to break them in but like GFC said the added support is great especially if you plan on doing any jumping or aggressive riding, Fox makes a decent boot and so does thor, the sole design is really a preference lug sole is supposed to be designed for quads, mx for 2 wheelers my gaerne's are mx and they work great on the sport quads my2cents Dog

·
Registered
487 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoFastCat @ Feb 13 2007, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have had a pair of the Thor Quadrant boots (with the MX sole) for 2 years and they are still holding up great. For a riding boot they are very comfortable, until you have some walking to do, also they keep your feet amazingly dry. When doing any riding on my DVX I always wear my boots and feel very vulnerable when I dont have them, the added support is great. It does take a bit of time to get used to the lack of flexing MX boots offer, but I wouldn't go without them now.[/b]
Same boots as I have.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I also have the Thor boots. Leftover from my days riding a raptor. Anyway, saved my leg during a pretty bad crash once so now I won't ride any length of time without them. They also do a pretty good job keeping the crap off of me when playing in the mud.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm buying a pair of the Thor Quadrants with the ATV sole here within the next few weeks. Fox has a new boot out with an ATV sole also, I'm looking seriously at that before I make the purchase.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I have Fox Tracker boots that i wear at all times riding unless its winter then I have snowmobile boots. I would never ride without them.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Sorry, I just wear my work boots!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used to wear Alpine Star Tech 6 boots & they worked well for rideing my Banshee.
But when I sold the Banshee & got the DVX they gave me problems with movement
Now the DVX sits & I mostly ride the 700EFI & wear work boots.
But I'll have to look into the Thor Quadrants...if they make them in 14.
Would be nice to have another set with the ATV sole & a little more movement than the Tech 6's.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tickster @ Feb 15 2007, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I used to wear Alpine Star Tech 6 boots & they worked well for rideing my Banshee.
But when I sold the Banshee & got the DVX they gave me problems with movement
Now the DVX sits & I mostly ride the 700EFI & wear work boots.
But I'll have to look into the Thor Quadrants...if they make them in 14.
Would be nice to have another set with the ATV sole & a little more movement than the Tech 6's.[/b]
Slightly off topic but on my DVX I had to adjust the shift lever upwards a notch or two from the stock location.

Another thing to note that is a nice advantage to the Thor Quadrants is the price, they are a cheaper boot to buy but I have been very pleased with the build and comforta of them. Like I mentioned I have 2 years of mud, water, sand and snow on my boots and still holding up like new and no problems with the buckles either. For a cheaper priced boot you really cant go wrong with them IMO :thumbsup:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don't own a specific boot just to ride with but I have had good experiances wearing a lace up combat boot.They gve good ankle support and decent protecton.The only problem is the long shoe laces.Make sure they are laced up good and tight and your good to go.They are pretty cheep to,Just go down to a surplus store and they can be found for $20-40.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do any of those brands offer a big/wide size?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Tall rubber boots from Walmart for playing in the mud, otherwise my regular steel toe work boots. I figure why spend extra $$$ on special boots. Haven't had the need for anything else.

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts