Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post on this because i just became a member today so here is my question. What are some good tips or mods to do to my 2007 AC 700 EFI ATV so taht i can whoop the competition at the ATV pull's down here at the County fairs in Minnesota? Clutch mods or anything else that anyone that has any experience with pulling would be great. Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I'm not up on my 700 mods just yet. I think there is a CDI for it (not sure if it's out yet or not though). It's a Suzuki engine and the Zuki 700EFI has a CDI, although I do not think it'll work on the Cat. However, with there being one for the Zuki 700, one for the Cat should be right around the corner if it isn't already.

I think there are clutch rollers as well.

Best bet would be to contact Speedwerx (they are a sponsor here too). They are a local company (Forest Lake, MN). They would be able to help you better than I and may even have something in their sleeve that is in prototype stage. Good people there.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Has anyone ever entered a pull with a 650V2?

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
join us for our spring ride the first weekend in june welcome call

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hey crazyyooper, i just noticed you have a 800v2. lol. on another note, where is the ride, and i have an 06 V2, would it hold its own, or look like a fool in a pull.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
yep 800cc's. the ride is at trailhawk's place. I would think a v2 would not do very well in a pull. I could be wrong

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
has anybody done a 500 manual in the pull? how does it do? do you run in High or Low? I would think switching gears might hurt you killing momentum.

·
Registered
487 Posts
500 manul should do pretty good. Has no belts. V-2 on the other had would have a problem. Mandatory 4.0 gears. V-2 rider you would do pretty good.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i disagree, v2 would do fine just keep a tight belt (in spec) with any gear ratio.
once the bike is moving the clutches keep tension on the belt so there isn't any problems there and when you first take off there is hardly any weight on a skid.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Mar 25 2007, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i disagree, v2 would do fine just keep a tight belt (in spec) with any gear ratio.
once the bike is moving the clutches keep tension on the belt so there isn't any problems there and when you first take off there is hardly any weight on a skid.[/b]

I agree, I have pulled some logs out of the woods that I shouldn't have, once it is moving the problems are over, at least that is what I have found.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts