Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

ATV Insurance

4K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  yupneck 
#1 ·
I'm BBBAAAACCCCCKKK!!!!! New 650V2 lime green, missed it too much and you guys!!!! LOL
Can anyone please advise as to what ATV insurance they have? I am looking, like everyone else, to get the best coverage at the most reasionable price. Thanx
P.S. Does anyone have a set of AC handwarmers for sale?

It's time to unleash the kitty!!!

#5 ·
Online, progressive, 75 per year each, 05 500/03 500 . They are just fair if you make a claim. They wont replace scratched plastic, bent plastic, or basically anything "that still does its job" no matter how bad it looks. Trust me, I crashed 1 year ago Sept, put in the claim and was amazed at how much they didn't cover. Bent handle bars, master cylinder, headlight aiming at the ground, these are just few things that my dealer had to haggle with the claims adjuster to get them to replace. He used the safety factor and said the atv wouldn't leave his shop without new ones on. The adjuster finally agreed.
Its listed in their policy book, and after a phone call to progressive they told me what page to "look it up" and sure as heck, its it there, small print and all.
I had to buy the new fenders. The dealer helped me out some, said your entitled to a new helmet (which was correct) and he put mrp racks on instead of the stock ones (03 500) Progressive isn't bad and I still have them. If I ever crash again (I hope not) The busted parts will come up missing before it goes to the dealer, then its no questions asked.

#6 ·
Sounds like progressive isn't what I need I went through that BS with Farmers....

#7 ·
I have also been checking around on the atv insurance

Alfa is 265 for six months with a 250 deductible because they write it as an auto pleasure car.
but they say it covers everything if something does happen

I think that is a little out of line since my jetski which cost the same as my atv is only 210 a year with a 100 deductible

I hope people will tell about there experince with the different insurances so we know what to steer clear of

later

#8 ·
Must be nice to have a choice on carriers I live in Manitoba, Canada and motor vehicle insurance is monopolized to just one carrier.....Manitoba Public Insurance. I have an 06 500 auto. Cost $280 per year

#10 ·
For my DVX through state farm (on its own plan) I now pay around $90 CAD a year for public liability and fire & theft.
Compared to the $315 I was paying before that is a huge break. I removed collision as it was an ablsolute waste of money at over $150 and the pay back very little, then with insurance rates droping brought it down to under $100 a year.
Heck even my truck insurance dropped $80 a month :)

#15 ·
Only if you were to crash it into a lake or roll it in a creek happened to someone I know they rolled it into a creek and it sucked in water fully covered!

#16 ·
Mine's $210/yr full coverage 250 deductible through state farm - but it covers business use as well. So if I drop a tree on it (happened already - but no damage) in my wood business it's covered.

The only thing not covered is if I rent it out.

#17 · (Edited)
$150/yr full coverage $250 collision/$100 other than collision deductible with Foremost Insurance.

Thanks for the thread!!! I had to dig out my policy to refresh my memory on the coverage I have.

#20 · (Edited)
Your motor is already knocking and you want to buy insurance? From your post in the repair and maintenance section.

#19 ·
When you look, make sure your accesosories/add ons are covered too. I have progressive and they cover mine. $175/year.

#22 ·
Something I hadn't thought of, is how these rates are affected by where you live and where you store your machine.

I'm in a tier one suburb of a major metro area (4 million people), so the chances of it getting stolen out of my garage is higher than if it was stored up north at my property. If I kept it there, my rates would be lower, but they also know I trailer it back and fourth so that adds risk too.

#23 ·
i had insurance when i had my crash several years a go, farmers/formost. rate was about 100 a year. but after my claim they relooked a my driving record. then bumped it to 550 for 6 mos. i canceled right away. i am hesitant on getting it again since the liltank is 7yrs old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.