Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a similar one bought off ebay as well. Had it for about 3 months lol and haven't installed it yet. I'm a bit nervous about all the wires. But someday I'll get into it

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I installed that one on mine last year and it works great. I did not hook up the remote start on it but did everything else. I don't use it as much as I thought I would but its nice to have installed if you want to use it. The siren is real loud and the front and rear lights flashing makes it real noticeable.
Whats real fun is when you have a friend ride it and he doesn't know it has an alarm on it. He starts riding it around and then you hit the arm button on the remote and in a few seconds it stalls on him and the siren starts going and he doesn't know what happened.
By the way when I installed it I put the blue LED arm indicator light in a very noticeable place and it was a lot more bright than I thought it was going to be, especially at night, it kind of brought more attention to the alarm on the ATV than I wanted, so I painted over the light a little with some touch up paint just to soften it up a little.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
It's pretty easy, the instructions are worded weird, I guess converting another language over to English and having it mean the same is hard. The wiring diagram is pretty straight forward. The hardest connections for me to get right was for the remote start so that is why it decided to leave that disconnected. For the yellow headlight wires you just need to connect it to one wire and then both sides will flash then use the other yellow wire for your taillight.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
as long as it works for the EFI( don't see why it wouldnt) i'm gonna get one for when i have to keep the bike in my trailer

hell, like the man said... at 35 bucks i might get 2 of them just to install on a friends bike and not tell him hahhahahaahhaah!

that would be great! oh i can see it now, how dick would it be to set it off while in the middle of a water wheelie.. not only would it put the front end down in the water, it would be funny for him to wonder why his bike sounds like a godamn fire truck hahahahahah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts