Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got about 2300 miles on my 05M7 141 and the Attack 20 has some issues. The outside edge of the inside of the track...where the wheels touch....has little indentions that collect snow. Well, some of the indentions have somehow came loose and let a bunch of snow in that creates this big lump that has to pass under the wheels. Called the dealer this morning and he said they have seen it and Cat isn't doing much about it. Caused by too much heat??? I don't think so. I had the track to spec and only rode 30 miles in 12-20 inches of snow. I had noticed a couple of the holes were getting a little loose but nothing like this.

Two weeks till a trip to Colorado. What's the next move? I looked at the Challenger Extreme and that seems to be the track I would have to get. It looks like a warranty deal to me, but who knows. I'll try to post some pics later.

Anybody heard of this happening to the Attack 20?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've talked to quite a few other people this morning already and it seems this is a common problem. AC better step up to the plate on this one. There is no way on this earth that excessive heat caused this problem. I changed the slides this season just cause I had the skid out and figured I might as well. 2300 miles on a set of slides that aren't even cooked yet.....I don't think its a heat problem. I truck my sled to the back country and ride strictly powder...if there isn't enough snow we don't go. That's why my first ride of the year was on Jan 13th. Amazing in itself if you have been to the Keweenaw in January.

AC has pretty much taken care of me over the years and I have ridden nothing but AC in my life (6th sled) so I hope they warranty this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing yet. Had to order the Challenger Extreme. Whether AC covers it or not I still need it now that we have snow and we are heading to Colorado in 2 weeks. I have a bad feeling they won't cover it but you never know till the answer comes from above.

You have any email addy's or phone numbers for cat?

Hopefully I will find out tomorrow. You going to bring that crossfire up here this winter? Looks like some nice pow for the weekend. Promise it won't be anywhere near as adventurous as last time...... naughty Well more adventure less adventurous if you know what I mean. What year was that anyway....?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey Keweenaw,

Just bought an 06 M6 141 from Keweenaw Motorsports, 1 of the main reason I did this is that I wanted a challenger track. All the 153's I was seeing were attack 20 in which I heard premature failure problems and very poor trail performance. I probably ride 50% backcountry and 50% trails, so the challenger for me was a must. You should sign up for the Johndee.com Snowfest 2007, it is a great time, and I would like to see some arcticchat representation there.

Take Care,

John

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRjohn @ Jan 16 2007, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey Keweenaw,

Just bought an 06 M6 141 from Keweenaw Motorsports, 1 of the main reason I did this is that I wanted a challenger track. All the 153's I was seeing were attack 20 in which I heard premature failure problems and very poor trail performance. I probably ride 50% backcountry and 50% trails, so the challenger for me was a must. You should sign up for the Johndee.com Snowfest 2007, it is a great time, and I would like to see some arcticchat representation there.

Take Care,

John[/b]

If you don't mind me asking....what kind of deal did you get at KMS? I don't think I will be signing up for the snowfest. I know johndee pretty well, but he would be the first to tell you, if there is snow you will find me a probably just a couple buds ripping it up. I've made my donations ten fold already this year.

I actually liked the Attack 20, great off trail track. I don't ride enough trails to worry about the lack of hook up on hard packed. I was kind a squirrelly in the corners, but you just had to work harder. Actually slowed me down a bit on the trails and that is a good thing.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Marty @ KMS took care of me very well, they were very competitive against the new holdovers found in dealers around Minnesota and on EBAY. I did plenty of research, and really wanted to do my business @ KMS.

I hope the snow keeps piling up, I am heading up there on Saturday for about 4 days.

Take Care,

John

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AC met me halfway. Good enough for me. At least they made an effort and I didn't have to send out a bunch of emails or try to make calls to Cat.

:bleedgreen

90 Jag
99 ZL
00 ZRT 600
02 ZR 800
03 Mtn Cat 600
05 M7
99 Kitty Cat

Should be worth the consideration.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That is good news. customer service always wins out, and you probblay will be back when it is time to get a new sled.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6Mile @ Jan 18 2007, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That is good news. customer service always wins out, and you probblay will be back when it is time to get a new sled.[/b]

It's almost time....what to do, what to do. The 2006 sleds look awfully tempting right now but I think I am waiting to see what the snowcheck deal is and go from there. Cat hasn't ever really let me down completely and it would take a lot for me to switch. :catwins

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an 05 M7 153 with over 100 miles on it and I have not had this problem. I know the indentations you are talking about and checked them on mine just yesterday. None have punched thru. The only proble with the A20 track that I have had is the lack of bite on hard packed hills. Can b down right scarey. I put some srew-in type studs in the paddle towers adn will see if that makes a dfference. Not much snow here in MN, but it did lift the skis on the grass. Going to Albany, WY end of the month.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MN Mountain @ Jan 18 2007, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have an 05 M7 153 with over 100 miles on it and I have not had this problem. I know the indentations you are talking about and checked them on mine just yesterday. None have punched thru. The only proble with the A20 track that I have had is the lack of bite on hard packed hills. Can b down right scarey. I put some srew-in type studs in the paddle towers adn will see if that makes a dfference. Not much snow here in MN, but it did lift the skis on the grass. Going to Albany, WY end of the month.[/b]

Keep an eye on those holes. It seems like it is the front of them that starts. I had one or two when I worked on it this summer and then only rode 30 miles and saw probably 10-15 of them. When the track is warm it is a lot harder to notice. It's when they start filling up with snow that you can see them like in the pics. Good luck. BTW I always liked the Attack 20, great powder riding sled.

Hopefully I'll be able to test out the camo extreme this afternoon. We have about 5-8 inches of fresh so far here and probaly more higher up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts