Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would be the best location to connect/hookup a GPS to my BearCat? I checked and the spots seem to be very limited to attach a RAM mount. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Scott.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Ram 2 1/2 inch round base with 1 inch ball attached to the left side dash. My GPS 78 handheld fits there nicely. You will have to remove the dash if you want to use stainless screws and nuts which is what I did. If you go this way use a little blue Loctite on the screws. My buddy just used pop rivets.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Would it be possible to get a picture of the setup? Just noticed you're over in Newfoundland; I am over on the edge of Labrador.

Cheers,
Scott.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've figured out a location that I could use. I will see how it works out.
I will post pictures soon.
S.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gps mount

I mounted mine on my handle bar with a ram u bolt mount gps478 map. Close and no vibration. I have had them on the dash and they shake sometimes at idle. Ran a line to the battery direct so it not always cutting out when the machine is turned off.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I mounted mine on my handle bar with a ram u bolt mount gps478 map. Close and no vibration. I have had them on the dash and they shake sometimes at idle. Ran a line to the battery direct so it not always cutting out when the machine is turned off.
X2

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went for a ride yesterday for a few hours and the GPS setup worked perfectly!
Thanks for the advice.
Scott.

·
Registered
3 Posts
left side of the dash, 2.5 inch ram mount and attached using super velcro. No problems, no holes, 12 volt plug is right there so a minimum of cord to dangle.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ha, two years later, I bought a 2015 Bearcat 2000xt and am mounting the gps on the handle bars. Wish I had that advice before putting it on the dash. I'm cruising the bearcat forum and saw the thumbnail of the ZL I posted. Forgot I did that and was thinking "man that looks familiar"...

·
Registered
42 Posts
DDiesel,

I used a 1" Ram mount with a U bolt mount onto my right handle bar.

This one:

RAM 1" Diameter Ball Standard Length Double Socket Arm with Zinc Coated U-Bolt Rail Base

Product Number: RAM-B-149Z-QU1U

That way I didn't have to drill holes in the dash and it rides pretty firm.

It also makes it easy to remove my GPS unit and put it back on mh boat.

I run the power cord right off of the battery with inline fuses so that when I turn the sled off, the power doesn't stop and I lose my GPS coordinates.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wanted to come back and say thank you for the advice a few years back. I've logged many tracks on the GPS.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bigger GPS (lake maps for ice fishing!) requires 2 mounts. But it's rock solid and vibration really isn't too bad. This guy needs 12v to run, so I stripped the transformer on a cig/cell phone charger, soldered on the Garmin plug and run into my power port on the sled (which is fused and independent of ignition). Just giving more ideas... 7" screen is really nice, especially at night.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts