Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my month vacation.Have spent a total of 2-4 hrs on the web looking for some hard core front bumpers.Have looked at Out door south to savant mfg.They look good but not on the money for me. I have a 2004 500 and have a welder lots of pipe/tubing. I evan have the dept. head welder willing to weld it up for me....all of this free!!!!(he owes me a couple). I sure could use some pics,drawings or suggestions. Just cant find something that would make the cat look tough/heavy duty. Any help would be grate. :super_happy:

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I took another front bumper from an '05 and cut it up to fabricate a new one with a brush gaurd to weld it onto the original one, it fits nice on the curve of the headlights to protect them, now i just have to find time to weld it to the original to complete it, Use some imagination and wing it you'll come up with something I am sure

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds intresting....I found some pics of other bumpers I am looking at.I ride threw thick brush and bull needle.I really would like to have something I could drive threw a wall with.... :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
456 Posts
something to consider is weight.If the bumper gets to heavy you might end up having to get some aftermarket front springs to off set the weight differance. I am all about fabricating things for my stuff,but sometimes its cheeper just to buy it. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True...I have hl springs and spring stiffiners from Royal Dis. When I pull tree stumps or heavy objects the front end is really light.I am thinking of installing the sway bar, but I do not know how it will install with the HL springs. Also I am 6'6 and with every thing else on the rear of the cat it shifts heavy to the rear on take off. I am also looking at some pics of hummers and jeeps for some ideas.I do not think it would be to hard to build a bumper from one of these to scale.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If any one has a idea or pic may be drawing and I go for it I will have one built for you, just pay for the shipping. :chug:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thinking of some thing with total coverage like this.but want to be able to to push other quads or heavy objects

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
This is my front bumber....
SM Cat badcomputer

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts