Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
i am looking at purshasiong a 1996 artic cat zr 580 efi. it has 1600 miles on it, new track, new front skis, new clutch, and is in good condition. he said he would sell it to me for 800 dollars. i want to know what you guys think about it.? he has never abused it, and has always taken good care of it. Are these bulit well? are the ZR models good? thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
sounds like a good deal. The old ZR handles great in the twisty trail, not much for suspension travel. The EFI on that is one of the first years I think. Good luck. RB

·
Registered
408 Posts
I bought my 96 cougar 550 carbs obviously for 825 and I have absolutely 0 regrets on doing it man. I love my sled and I really love the looks of the old ones. I would go ahead with it if I were you.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Sounds like a very fair price for a low mileage sled. If it looks and runs good, I say jump on it!

welcome call

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rockerdude That year of efi im pretty sure runs only on the battery and they don't work at all if you have a weak battery. other than that those sleds are FAST!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Know A buddy Who has one, has around 7,000 miles on origional motor, awesome sled, Go For It Cat happy

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
My bother-in-law has one and it's a nice sled his takes a beating and keeps going I would go for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Totally go for it. I bought mine for $400 and it was a basket case... $600 later and i have a sled that walks all over 600cc triples and runs with the best of them. 1" lug track, clutch kit, and an aftermarket can makes this thing scream like a mofo, i would definately get on that ZR you're talking about and quick! :beer_cheers: <ZR's rock

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts