Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We have put this kit on a new m1000 and it is amazing what the difference is, from the stock m1000; we ran against two stockers today and the comparison is like the m7 to a modded m7 to an m8 with pipes and efi control we are running the new boondocker on it and i would be willing to give settings to anyone with the same elevations and conditions we ride in (Idaho). :super_happy: Any questoins message me or e-mail me @
[email protected], I also have an artic cat 1000 motor for sale.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I hate to rain on anyones parade here.
But 200 HP is easy to get from the M1000.
A pipe, Y pipe, airbox modss, and add a little fuel on top and you are there.
Add a can, and lose 12 pounds as well.
A shot of Nos would be in the 230 hp range easily.
So I am curious why the need to do a full engine rebuild up to a 1200 to gwet a mere 200 HP.
If say 250 HP was there to grab sure, but otherwise why all the trouble and expense?
My pal has a few mods and NOS on his M1k, and I watched it easily out himark a turbo apex.

So if i need more than the 190-200 hp I already have from my M1K, I will just hit it with say a 50 shot of NOS. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
795 Posts
And I would like to add the above post is not just me trying to be negative.
I really would like to know what other benefits to expect for all the money and work of changing the 1000 into a 1200.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is just a moderate estimate and I don't want to disapoint anyone but the stockers sleds we were running against did have the new y pipe and air box so if you say they are 200 with those tiny mods then we are well above that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mcflying @ Dec 30 2006, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And I would like to add the above post is not just me trying to be negative.
I really would like to know what other benefits to expect for all the money and work of changing the 1000 into a 1200.[/b]
You can pretty much expect longer arms after a good long ride with some extreme hill climbs, I am telling you the sled pulls, not that the 1000 isn't a great sled but just like the m7 it is a great potential sled and so develope the potential.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Schneehagen @ Dec 30 2006, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is just a moderate estimate and I don't want to disapoint anyone but the stockers sleds we were running against did have the new y pipe and air box so if you say they are 200 with those tiny mods then we are well above that.[/b]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts