Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our club is looking for a new drag, and are looking at a 10' Arrowhead product. Compared to Trailmaster and Mogul, they look to have the most standard equipment that we want, that is optional on the others. Also they look to deliver quickly, as opposed to a 60-day wait on the others.

Anybody have any experiences with Arrowhead performance, comparisons, etc?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I can't answer your question as we use Mogul master drags (much smaller too....we pull them with Skandiks) but you may want to check out this link: Koz's grooming links Lots of grooming info there.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
We went to a groomer operator training class which was put on by Sur-trac. They had one of their demo units there. Holy crap is that a serious piece of equipment! Too bad it would never fit on our trail system....

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (joezr2 @ Nov 15 2009, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We went to a groomer operator training class which was put on by Sur-trac. They had one of their demo units there. Holy crap is that a serious piece of equipment! Too bad it would never fit on our trail system....[/b]
Same here, we could fit one through maybe 1/4 of our trails.

Up in Northern Maine they use them quite a bit, just awesome machines. There's job I would love to have...

The cab of a Tucker wouldn't be all that bad either.

K

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had a local tractor dealer offer us a 4-wheel tracked tractor for a demo (like $145K; would take 45 years of chili feeds to pay for it), but the weight of the thing would collapse any bridge on our system. We're sticking with the Tuckers. Just need a wider class A drag to keep us funded...

·
Registered
17 Posts
in wisconsin we have used arrowheads, very good drags, but i don't have any experience with any others either.other than a sno plane, we have 2 of those used ones for sale because they just push the snow off the trail.we also just purchased two new arrowheads and a new kubota 120 h.p. tractor that has half tracks from the factory.we've got a sur trac that really does a nice job but it is big.this new kubota only cost us 65000 with everything we need on it. a new tucker is like 130000 now is what i heard.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just out of curiousity, any idea what the tracked Kubota weighs? Even a decent used Tucker can run $65-80K. But they can come with cool options these days! GPS, CD decks, heated seats...

·
Registered
17 Posts
i don't know but i can find out, i wouldn't think as much as a tucker. this thing has radio cd player , special work lights,and a buddy seat. the driver seat is air ride.and the neat thing is how much better built than a tucker. we have an older tucker thats great but for the most part it's just a homemade machine and they get like twice as much as a tractor. we also have a case 4x4 but it has it's limits we think this new kabota won't have .and the kabota has a three year waranty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts