Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like Textron had another epiphany in their infinite wisdom and shut down the race department for Cat. I'd like to know exactly how true or false this is since I've heard the news second hand from someone who attempted to sign up for racing the 2019 season.

If it's true then it's an even bigger [email protected] up than changing the name of the atv line up, the race department is who tests all the new equipment that's been developed, winning races on Sunday sells snomobiles on Monday people!

Chime in people, let's hear what everyone thinks/knows.

·
Super Moderator
8,578 Posts
What is actually shut down? Did they attempt to sign up too late?

I'd love to know more about the truth behind the rumors. I'm guessing the reality is considerably different.
I was under the impression that the factories don't really participate in racing anymore. Seems unlikely that testing and development would be shuttered. I know that we see a lot of innovation on the track before it hits the consumer market. Although, I'm not sure how much of that is actually "developed" on the track by factory personnel.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cat has had a factory race department for years, but yes, some manufacturers don't do it and I'm guessing cat is going the same route. Starting to sound like there isn't going to be a budget for a race department, therefore no race department. I'm sure they'll still develop and sell race parts and products, just won't be factory sponsored.

Dealer sponsored?
Who knows....

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/#/topics/1857314?page=1

·
Super Moderator
8,198 Posts
The internet is making a way bigger deal out of this than what it is and I can’t figure out why? A letter went out to the racers durning the snow check program that cat was no longer selling directly to them and to go buy your sled from a dealer. The dealers had the price set for them. Since they are not selling factory direct anymore they don’t need a “race program” to manage it anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts