Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be cool to get a arcticchat group ride planned out, just in case it snows this winter. (It WILL snow, it always does on tug hill). Just wondering if there was any interest?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm an hour or so from there & would be up for it. You've got the ball rolling on this so setting a date/time + place to meet/route is ALL YOU ! na na Probally be looking into Febuary sometime @ this rate... Keep me posted. --Snotty 440

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
You know you can count me in Rene !! Be nice to see you there too Corey !! Everyone do a snow-dance, or whatever you do, to get the damn weather to straighten itself out !!!

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Same here! :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
how much snow did your area of the hill get Rene ?? Heard it was a very narrow path that crossed over.......

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (taperk600 @ Jan 11 2007, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
how much snow did your area of the hill get Rene ?? Heard it was a very narrow path that crossed over.......[/b]
We only got about 4", Lowville got 10", Turin got 16", so it really varies. The groomer went out the last 2 nights, and they said it was ok. I'm sitting in the groomer tonite, so I'll know more then.
When we get a little more snow, hopefully the group ride will come to be. I'd even offer my place (both farms) for a place to park to those that want to. As far as a date, I live here, so anytime is cool for me.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sunacre @ Jan 11 2007, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (taperk600 @ Jan 11 2007, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how much snow did your area of the hill get Rene ?? Heard it was a very narrow path that crossed over.......[/b]
We only got about 4", Lowville got 10", Turin got 16", so it really varies. The groomer went out the last 2 nights, and they said it was ok. I'm sitting in the groomer tonite, so I'll know more then.
When we get a little more snow, hopefully the group ride will come to be. I'd even offer my place (both farms) for a place to park to those that want to. As far as a date, I live here, so anytime is cool for me.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks for the update...look forward to seeing how things look after your grooming trip tonight......

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'd like to ride when there is at least a decent base laid down, but the way this winter has been going if someone decides it's a go- I'm there :thumbsup: Let us know & keep us posted on how the trails are if you can. Thanks, --Snotty 440

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (taperk600 @ Jan 11 2007, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sunacre @ Jan 11 2007, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (taperk600 @ Jan 11 2007, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
Thanks for the update...look forward to seeing how things look after your grooming trip tonight......
[/b][/quote]
Not looking good unless you are real desperate to ride. Read that: don't mind beating your sled up. Some places, like towards Tabolts Corners, was better than others. Like Flat Rock Rd. Especially the middle of it. A LOT of gravel mixed with the snow on the roads the windmill crew built up. A fair amount of open water on the trails. We pushed at least a dozen exposed rocks off the trail ( and 1 piece of firewood???). Talked to a few guys, and they said they appreciated the effort , since we didn't have much to work with. We just need more snow. LOTS OF SNOW.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sunacre @ Jan 12 2007, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not looking good unless you are real desperate to ride. Read that: don't mind beating your sled up.

We just need more snow. LOTS OF SNOW.[/b]
Thank you for the report. Very much appreciated by me and I'm sure others too... :thumbsup:

BTW, I'm not the person who'd want to beat my sled up....Bring on lots of SNOW, Please !

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Let's hope the weather forcast continues to call for cold and snow. It will be a good.....just have to wait a bit more....

FYI Rene, I may be heading up to Kirk's next Saturday (1/20). 3 of us just bought those new clutches from Supreme Tool , so will be going to do some field testing with the f8......just in case anything comes up, interested in going, etc....

Thanks for keeping us posted !
Tom

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Thank you for the report. Very much appreciated by me and I'm sure others too... :thumbsup:

BTW, I'm not the person who'd want to beat my sled up....Bring on lots of SNOW, Please !
[/quote]

** Thanks for the update! I've got new skis/carbides/spindals & studs- I'll just wait it out also( not that I want to) bang your head --Snotty 440

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sunacre @ Feb 7 2007, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Any interest yet? I live here, so any date is OK with me.[/b]
Just wondering if you do actually live in the Tug Hill region ?. Or you got trails outside of Tug Hill ?. This is the reason why I'm asking you is because of Linda. She had experienced an snowmobile accident 2 weeks ago and is a bit traumatized. We do not want to go back to Tug, however she wants to regain her confidence in snowmobiling again only in the friendly and less traveled trails. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I am interested in one getting setup soon. Not for sure if I will make it up there but would try.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticBoy @ Feb 7 2007, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sunacre @ Feb 7 2007, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any interest yet? I live here, so any date is OK with me.[/b]
Just wondering if you do actually live in the Tug Hill region ?. Or you got trails outside of Tug Hill ?. This is the reason why I'm asking you is because of Linda. She had experienced an snowmobile accident 2 weeks ago and is a bit traumatized. We do not want to go back to Tug, however she wants to regain her confidence in snowmobiling again only in the friendly and less traveled trails. :thumbsup:
[/b][/quote]
I live about 2 minutes from D+D. I can be setting at Flat Rock in 15 minutes. And you don't have to ride the main trails on the Hill to have fun. Although, I ride with my family everywhere on the Hill, and to be honest, there isn't much difference between the main and side trails. It's all pretty heavily traveled. Look at it this way. Doing some fun things in life is a calculated risk. We motorcyclist know that. There's a**holes on the snow and on the pavement. You just learn to drive like everyone is out to get you. At least I do. As long as what you're doing and where you're riding is in your comfort zone. I wouldn't take my family out on the trails if I thought it was too much of a risk. ( BTW, very rarely do I take a family member on the sportbike with me. )

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Corey, the hill on the weekends is alot worse than a mid-week trip.....especially if you go with someone (or know yourself) that uses the side trails to get around. I don't go on the weekend up onto the hill anymore, instead ride the lowville, carthage, brantingham trails to avoid the hassles.

Rene, I'm pretty sure a few of us are heading up on Friday...will let you know for sure.....

As far as a A-Chat ride...I'm as I said before...but the clock is ticking, so let's get a date set and do this !!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts