·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
How can you call that a digital gauge? :eek: and why is that so cheap for a 700. I must be missing more.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Having a display isnt about seeing your speed..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
How can you call that a digital gauge? :eek: and why is that so cheap for a 700. I must be missing more.

It's not analog either, I don't know what you call it. "lighted" ?

I'm not sure what your asking:

$5999 is less then the base sportsman 570 so it's a value in the marketplace.

Or did you mean how can they sell it that cheap. The differences are no display, manual 4x4, old body style on the old chassis, 700 engine that hasn't changed much since 2008.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was curious why it was selling for so much less than previous 700s I've seen in the past. I realize it's a value ATV, but surprised at the engine size at that price. The gauge is just baffling, honestly.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Nothing wrong with a value line atv. Mechanical 4wd, I have that and have no issues. No speedo, I don't care. I just don't like the no odometer, hour meter. Try and sell it later on.

·
Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
Don't get me wrong I like the idea, and the VLX looks just like my 650V2. I'll post a pic when I find one.

The lower end models sell at much higher volume then the expensive stuff. So this makes sense and I believe will sell well.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Hmmmm... so the speedo function of the display is only 1 function... whatcha gonna do for codes, alignments and such? A great bargain, yes, I totally agree, but just seems to me that we rely on the display for many other things besides a speed indicator...

·
Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
Very good point. I didn't think about things like codes or setting TPS ...I dunno Maybe it will flash the lights or something. Wouldn't be good to have to take it to the dealer and hooked to a code reader. It would be like a damn car and they gouge you just to read the codes.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Codes? Codes, we don't read no stinkin' codes. Sorry, still have early turn of the century mechanical speedo.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cutting back on the electronics would cut down the price. You could get away without codes...if you are mechanical. But if you run out of fuel...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
I'm beginning to wonder how much thought process was put into this model. I gotta be missing something!!! I couldn't see if a manual fuel guage was installed in tank.

·
Registered
135 Posts
How hard is it to take the gas cap off and check the fuel level. The gauge on my Honda is not accurate, and the gauge on my AC 500 is all over the place (like many apparently). Doesn't bother me in the least. If this quad had diff lock it would have everything I need. Wait, does it have hi/lo?

GC

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Yes it has hi/lo range.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Then for that price I would certainly be satisfied. Would I like to see at least an hour meter? Yes, but that wouldn't stop me from buying it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The fuel fill neck wont let you just look into the fuel tank

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 59 Posts