Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at this used machine. Anyone have any experience with this snowmobile, and does this sound like a fair deal.

"Arctic Cat Z370 Trail, 2001, electric start, cover, 610 miles, like new! Asking $2,500"

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
For $2500 you can get a ZR500-600 and have a much better ride, if its for a 12 year old or your wife, I'd offer at Most $2000. My.02C

·
Registered
780 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catspaz8 @ Feb 4 2007, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For $2500 you can get a ZR500-600 and have a much better ride, if its for a 12 year old or your wife, I'd offer at Most $2000. My.02C[/b]
Man, you must hate your wife - sticking her on a Z370.... :boohoo:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what don't you like about this machine. I am not looking to go 100 mph down the highway. I just need a good reliable machine to get me around the trails on my 1400 acres of woods, farmland, and lakefront.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Disposable sled comes to mind. Sorry, I shouldn't be prejudiced, but I'm not accustomed to buying "bottom of the line" anything. It is a simple sled, which is both good (from a repair standpoint) and bad (from a flexibility/resale standpoint).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never owned a snowmobile and have only driven one a couple of times and that was 20 plus years ago so I don't need anything high performance since it is going to take me some time to learn how to ride it. I am sure this would just be a stepping stone machine so if I like what I see I will make an offer of 1800.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Purchased a used 1999 ZR 440 Sno-Pro in November. Never drove nor rode on a sled before in my life. Was pleasantly surprised to find out how enjoyable it has been. Will be flying up again this weekend (Fl to Mi) as the trail reports are again glowing (4-6" base with 1-2" new snow). I've also found that the other snowmobilers I've met thus far, are kind, courteous, and thoughtful. It is a great crowd to hang out with. Good luck and try to go with something that may be a little bit older, but more middle of the road; this would greatly enhance your first experience. You should be able to pick up a slightly used sled for a song, as most dealers are overstocked with sleds to the hilt. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
108 Posts
cdsdave,

The Z370 is a fine machine. Perfect for your situation sounds like. I rode one once and was pleasantly surprised. Same setup as the bigger cc sleds and less $. Unlike most of the comments already, I applaud you for looking at a machine that is within your capabilities. You can always upgrade later. Alot of the folks on this site are performance minded. The Z370 is not a performance sled. You understand that and don't want that. People should respect that. I do.

tmoney

·
Registered
738 Posts
whats so bad about a sled like that just to get around? get the sled and if you want more HP, upgrade in the future. that sled will be wicked reliable.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
In 97 I bought a puma DLX. 340 new for the wife now the kids ride it and they have a ball on it now and then I craw on it just to let them ride mine. you'll love it and once you get some seat time if you want more you can always move up.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I agree the 370 is a great sled. Fan cooled sleds are at least 50 lbs or more lighter than their liquid brothers on the trail. The AWS 5 suspension is very reliable and smooth. 20+ mpg is another great benifit from this sled. Top speed of about 70 mph is fast enough for anyone getting back into the sport from a long vacation. The only draw back to the fan cooled sleds is when the temps get above 35 degrees they don't run as good as the liquids.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
IMO the z370 is a great ENTRY LEVEL machine, people who need a bigger sled should have one, but there is a place for these for some people. Its light, simple, still looks pretty good. Hell, I have a zr800, and I still bomb around the local trails on my z370. For a "like new" 01, that price isn't too bad. remember it's only got 600 miles, some people put that on in a day, though probably not on a 370 :lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Z370 was my first "new " sled not a thing wrong with them. And when you get used to riding it, go ahead and run a heavy sled down in the twisties, i've run down 800's in the twisties with my 370 ( granted it was a Ski-doo rev :tongue_nana:). Plus with all the space you have the last thing you want to do is walk home for gas.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again for all your help, it made a big difference when I went and looked at that sled. 2500 was too much money for what it had to offer and he was not willing to come down in price and now I am glad he didn't since I found and bought this 2001 Panther with 1800 miles on her for $1900. I think I got a pretty good deal on a sled that runs great, rides better than that Z, and is very clean. I don't know anything about this sled so any information about it would be greatly appreciated. I just got it today and only had a chance to put about 5 miles on her but she runs like a top. Here are all the pictures I have taken so far.

·
Registered
108 Posts
WOW!! Nice sled! Obviously well taken care of. I believe the Panther 370 is basicly the same thing you were looking at except you've got the long track and the 2 up seat. And, as you've discovered, those long trackers ride very nice. Good work and enjoy that sled.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Way Way Way Way better sled!!!!!! Excellent choice for your situation. Light, powerful 570 leaf blower and long track!!!

Everyone sort of missed the fact that the 370 was a short track. Bad choice I think for your application.

1400 acres of bush. You needed either a Bearcat or the machine the you bought.

What a great looking machine! You will be very very happy with this 70 hp sled with a very plush two up suspension!

You would have gotten stuck lots with the little short track machine that you were thinking of with the only redeeming feature being that it would have been light and easy to dig out!

Long track was what you needed. 370 short track is absolutely fine for groom trails but your 570 will float much better in deeper snow.

Ben

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep that was a rip for that sled. My dad just sold our '01 Z370 e/s with 920 miles for $1400. He gave it away for a good deal but needless to say $2500 for that sled was a total rip. Congrats and good luck with the Panther!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts