Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Arctic Cat Trv550 excessive clutch noise/rough idle

3K views 38 replies 4 participants last post by  2014trv550xt 
#1 ·
Yesterday I finished a full motor job on my 2014 trv550. I put it all together and it runs well, sometimes. When cold, it takes a little bit to start, but that isn’t my main concern. When starting from cold it runs fine, but when put in gear and driven a bit, it makes an awful lot of odd clutch noise. It kinda knocks a little and also idles very slowly when doing so. I know it isn’t the motor, because it runs well otherwise. Any ideas? I put a new crank, main bearings, counter balancer bearings, piston and rings in. Is there any known issue that could cause a lot of clutch noise? It blew up 2 years ago and just rebuilt now. Please help!

#2 ·
The one way bearing. Did you make sure “outside” word or the dot were facing out?

If so then the one way bearing is on its way out. Just remove it.

#3 ·
The one way bearing was In good shape when I put the motor together, and it is in the right way, I did find an extra part however, it looks like a spacer? I think it is for the clutch but I’m not sure. It’s 1/2 inch thick and about 1 1/8 outside diameter. I’m puzzled

#4 ·
Have you looked at the parts fiche ?

#6 ·
I wouldn’t risk it. It might fail on the trail.

#8 ·
If it’s on its way out it is letting the wet clutch try to engage so yeas it can affect idle.
The idle issue is probably just the TPS needs to be adjusted after all the work. You also need to reset your ISC.

#13 ·
Do you have the service manual?

#15 ·
At countrycat ?

#19 ·
Usually is the problem.

#21 ·
Is the bearing in the cover good.

#23 ·
Can you post a pic of the washer?

#25 ·
You said you found an extra part ? Washer, spacer ?

#32 ·
That almost looks like a roller weight from the primary.

#34 ·
#5 in the parts diagram?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.