Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2004 T660 turbo. My first 4stroke sled, and my first turbo sled. The sled is in too notch shape, one older owner, and dealer services every season. The sled overall is mechanically real good. Still have not ridden it, as we have not much snow! I would like any info on them, and what kind of performance I should get out of it. I have been riding for 50 years, and now a senior, so not tearing up the trails like I did when I was younger!

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Is it a 2up model or a single seater? Single seaters are prone to overheating in poor snow conditions. I highly recommend adding a temperature guage for either model. Guys have gone the extra to add a radiator to theirs. I bought my 2006 Turbo Touring new and love it. Have 6000 miles on it now. I have added a temp guage and a 4th wheel to rear axle. Had the centre bearing on rear axle blowout on me so that's when I did the mod. Do you know if valves have been checked for clearance? how many miles on yours? I've done the skid bearings, driveshaft bearings, and updated skis to the 8" wide Bearcat skis.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought a 2004 T660 turbo. My first 4stroke sled, and my first turbo sled. The sled is in too notch shape, one older owner, and dealer services every season. The sled overall is mechanically real good. Still have not ridden it, as we have not much snow! I would like any info on them, and what kind of performance I should get out of it. I have been riding for 50 years, and now a senior, so not tearing up the trails like I did when I was younger!
just bought my first 4 stroke as well, 04 660 turbo. Looking for info on getting into tank as fuel line has disintegrated. Sled sat unused for past 6 years, trying to bring it back to life.

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
just bought my first 4 stroke as well, 04 660 turbo. Looking for info on getting into tank as fuel line has disintegrated. Sled sat unused for past 6 years, trying to bring it back to life.
Country cat . com for a free service manual download. Top of home page under technical information. And maybe start your own new thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it a 2up model or a single seater? Single seaters are prone to overheating in poor snow conditions. I highly recommend adding a temperature guage for either model. Guys have gone the extra to add a radiator to theirs. I bought my 2006 Turbo Touring new and love it. Have 6000 miles on it now. I have added a temp guage and a 4th wheel to rear axle. Had the centre bearing on rear axle blowout on me so that's when I did the mod. Do you know if valves have been checked for clearance? how many miles on yours? I've done the skid bearings, driveshaft bearings, and updated skis to the 8" wide Bearcat skis.
I have two 2007 T660’s. Bought used 3 yrs ago. Both have had the lower bearings replaced. Now I am having a “loud rubbing” noise from the brake area on my wife’s sled. Thinking it is the upper bearing. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Upper
I have two 2007 T660’s. Bought used 3 yrs ago. Both have had the lower bearings replaced. Now I am having a “loud rubbing” noise from the brake area on my wife’s sled. Thinking it is the upper bearing. Any thoughts?
Upper drive shaft is solid. Doesn’t shake when the track is rotating.

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Chaincase side bearings rarely fail but in saying that, I had the upper one fail under warranty on my 2006. You could pull caliper to rule that out for causing the noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up a 2004 T600 Turbo, It's silver and I've been debating on painting it black but I'm having issues finding decals for it... Any suggestions?

I noticed this one online and loving the look and decals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am sure you can find decals through a dealer. I hope you get it set up the way you want! I bought a 2004 T660 with a black 2006 ST hood. It is a single rider, but since I had a hip replacement last fall, so I have only ridden it once around a field. I am installing a temp gauge, and adding a 4 inch handlebar riser. Also adding a handlebar bag, and it will be ready for next season, as I will be completely healed! Enjoy that sled of yours, as at age 65, this will be my last sled I own and ride!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am sure you can find decals through a dealer. I hope you get it set up the way you want! I bought a 2004 T660 with a black 2006 ST hood. It is a single rider, but since I had a hip replacement last fall, so I have only ridden it once around a field. I am installing a temp gauge, and adding a 4 inch handlebar riser. Also adding a handlebar bag, and it will be ready for next season, as I will be completely healed! Enjoy that sled of yours, as at age 65, this will be my last sled I own and ride!!
Sounds like an awesome Sled T660Sparcat54, Sorry to hear about your injury and hope the best for recovery. thanks for the information on the decals, Cant wait for the snow to return now! hehe
I have a Temp gauge and boost gauge installed on mine also, I think it probably should have been a good stock feature..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts