Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Arctic Cat storage box as a Christmas present. Went by the dealer today and ordered the weather seal to try and keep some of the elements out. Priced the foam insert at $45 or so, is this worth the money? AC kills you with these prices. Nice box but it will have over $200 in it if I get this too. Thoughts?

·
Registered
723 Posts
IMOP I would say no. You can hit Wal Mart or a craft store and buy some foam and create what you need. Will be less money. Only down side is it will be that yellow color instead of gray. I have the same box.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Ditto. Some craft shops have the grey egg foam stuff.
JD

·
Registered
946 Posts
I love my A/C box, but just say no to the foam insert and get your money back for the "gasket"..It's no friggin gasket - it's a roll of weather stripping, (a very small roll) and some weird-assed puzzle pieces with to explanation on where they go, (or why). badcomputer As was said by the wise Muddfly and JD, you can buy foam anywhere, or spend a little extra and get Pelican pluck foam, (I have my Nikons boxed up in it in my Pelican case). Go to Home Depot, or your favorite local hardware store and buy a huge roll of gasket for about 3-bucks... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was gone on vacation so I just now seen your post
I just made my foam insert with foam from walmart (4.00 for a piece that fits a twin bed)
and got some marine grade vinyl (2.00 a yard and I got 3 yards and plenty left over)
I hot glued the vinyl to the foam
I had enough to make 2 in case I mess one up
So for around 15 bucks for the foam vinyl glue and glue gun, I got 2 inserts
So for the bad picture of the inside of the box, Wife was gone with the good camera

[attachment=59728:Box.jpg][attachment=59727:InsideBox.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts