Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about installing some speedwerx #42 stall springs in my 400 auto. what would my engagement raise to since its at 2,100 rpm's stock, and would it be a good investment for mud riding(with 25' itp 589's) and wheelies?

·
Registered
117 Posts
i got stall springs with my epi clutch "which was a waste of money" but i have heard nothing but bad things about the stall springs so i didn't put my in.....but they are up for sale though bout to put them on ebay............to the sponsor down below who thinks this a measuring contest or should I have mentioned your flex brackets in my post would that had helped

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Contact papa_slap on here. He's the clutch master.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
i got stall springs with my epi clutch "which was a waste of money" but i have heard nothing but bad things about the stall springs so i didn't put my in.....but they are up for sale though bout to put them on ebay.

I can't figure out if this is advice or a poor a## sales pitch for a set of springs, I'm also wondering if you would have installed the complete kit as it was intended that just maybe it wouldn't have been "a waste of money" as you call it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Last time i checked no one asked you to figure anything out...and that was advice and if no one was to take it the springs was for sale. but i guess opinions are like a $ $ holes everybody has one

·
Registered
117 Posts
No one is sour I deal with people like u daily.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I am thinking about installing some speedwerx #42 stall springs in my 400 auto. what would my engagement raise to since its at 2,100 rpm's stock, and would it be a good investment for mud riding(with 25' itp 589's) and wheelies?
Anyway.............
Yes the 42# springs would be a good investment for your 400, and will work fine for you. They will raise rpm’s somewhere between 500-1000 rpm’s before the wet clutch is fully engaged, allot of difference in the rpm range depends on the condition of your clutch pack itself.
Here’s a suggestion for your 400 clutch, have the primary cut 2.5 mm, lighten 4 of your 8 rollers 17gram to 14.5grams and install them in this sequence (14.5, 17, 14.5, 17, 14.5, 17, 14.5, 17) install a EPI secondary clutch spring (natural), a set of 42# wet clutch springs and install a new OEM belt.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks for your help ricktherocket,i already have 4 of my rollers drilled out and a lime green speedwerx secondary,one last thing, will the higher engagement put more stress on my clutch components and make them wear out faster?

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
ok thanks for your help ricktherocket,i already have 4 of my rollers drilled out and a lime green speedwerx secondary,one last thing, will the higher engagement put more stress on my clutch components and make them wear out faster?
Your welcome, the 42# springs can wear the wet clutch a little faster then if you didn't have them but if you run good oil you'll be alright.

When you have time you should check out that secondary spring that I mentioned above, you might like it better then the one you have now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i was reading around on some different forums and i heard of people using stock 500 engagement spings in a 400,could this work to if they were from a 500 or 650 and where could i purchase the stock ones?.another thing my friend has a 500 auto and his throttle feels like it has to be pushed more than mine before it engages and he hasnt put any engagement springs in,is this because of his dalton clutch kit or is it normal?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.