Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up a '14 500 Sno-Pro and looking at the lack of a front bumper concerns me. I've looked around and looks like either the Cat front bumper or a Fett Brothers one are the options. Is the main difference the Fett one is spaced further out from the nose cone? I know green color match was an issue, but now they only offer in white or black. Some have spaced the Cat one out to allow it to be used as a grab bar...anyone have pictures or done this? Trying to decide which route to go... I can save about $50 if I get the Cat one...but if the Fett one is the better route, you get what you pay for too....sometimes...

if anyone has the Cat one spaced out or decent shots of the Fett one installed, could you post some pics?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
If you're just doing basic trail riding and don't think you'll get stuck often, then go with the Cat. That's what I have (it came with the sled) and it works just fine for me. If you think you might be hitting things and getting stuck, go for the Fett Bro's bumper.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fett is beefier for hitting things and you can grab it to yank the sled around.

Cat one looks tidier, comes in green, but is made of paper and you can't grab it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Fett Bros one is a lot better. The green Cat one was on my fiancee's Sno Pro 500 sled when she bought it. Their was nothing to it and I put the white Fett Brothers one on and it's much stronger and you can actually get your fingers in-between it and helps a lot in moving the sled around. The Cat one is pretty much useless for moving the sled around like on a trailer or whenever you have to move the front end around. You're best to just pay the extra money and get the Fett Bros one in my opinion.

I have a picture of me standing next to it with the white Fett Bros bumper. Here is a video that has a short clip of me installing the Fett Bros white bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

Get the fett brothers one I have both and fett brothers is way better than the cat one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. I was kind of leaning towards the Fett Brothers one...I like the idea of being able to use it to lift/move the sled around. I'm obviously not planning on hitting anything, but things happen...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Anyone here who can take some close up pictures of theirs Fett Brothers front bumper ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts