Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was up at Tug Hill from wed-sat. While out riding on wednesday, my Firecat started to make alittle spittin & sputtering noise whenever I was in the moguls. I thought nothing of it and rode on. The next day we we're on a big loop and when I got into the bumps, it started to act up again. When the sled was on flat trails and at idle it was fine. It was just when I was in the bumps. By thursday night it was just getting out of hand, and now it was backfiring. Very disturbing to say the least. By now we tried to eliminate the problems by doing the following dry gas, new plugs, disconnect the throttle safety switch, unplugged the kill switch and ignition switch. We deteremined that the sled was shorting out somewhere, but wasn't 100% sure where and why. Friday morning we woke and I decided to call around to the area dealers to see if I could get my sled in. Only one that said they would see me right away was D&D Power Sports. So off we went on a 45 mile treck through some ferious whiteout conditions. When we arrived I told the guy in charge what the sled was doing and the things we tried to fix it. He had one of his mechanics take it for a spin and he found the same problem as I did. So off in the garage they went to fix my problem. He came out and said that he think knew what the problem was. I took it out and it did the same thing again. I asked him what he did, and he said that he put in new bushings on the throttle safety switch and tighten up the throttle cable. We told him that we disconnected the throttle safety switch and it still didn't work. So back in the gargae they went. He came back out in about 20 minutes saying they found a bent wire and that the shrinked wrapped it. The mechanic went out and came back saying he did find any problems with it. So I went out and true it didn't make the same noise as before. I figured they must have found something I didn't try or know about. So off to the service desk to pay up. To my surprise, I was handed a bill for $161.00. I asked him why so much, and he told me I was charged $100.00 an hour for Performance rate. This was because I came in off the trail for a repair. I couldn't believe it and expressed my last time ever coming in here. No where was it posted about a Performance rate.

Anyhow, back to the hotel I went fuming. We got suited up and off on the trails we went. I got maybe 10 miles down the trail and it started to do it again. I was so pissed that I parked the sled and paid a local to drive me back to the hotle so I could get my truck and trailer and load it up. I cut my stay 1 day, because of the sled not running right.

As soon as I got back home, I took my sled to my dealer and dropped it off. I explained to them what all happened. I called back on monday and to my surprise he said he found a exposed wire rubbing against the engine near the coil. When I went to pay the bill, it was only $25. This really made me even more pissed at D&D for way overchargeing me and not fixing the sled. I thought they we're a very first class dealership, but I won't think that anymore.

I know this is long winded, but I just wanted to get the word out, about the way D&D does buisness up at Tug Hill. Imagine that, my small family run dealership found the problem real quike and didn't overcharge me. But some big super dealership wanted to rip off a customer and not even fix the problem.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Ron,

You got me scared :turd: for a minute after reading the headline...Probably another accident at Tug until I read your post. Man, Struggling with your sled's problems and overcharged you based on Performance rate. That's totally ridiculous and absurd.

BTW, Did you get the chance to talk with D&D brothers in person ?. If not, I'd suggest you call them back and straighten out the problem. Hopefully, They'll cooperate and refund you with Dealer's Courtesy somehow.

Good Luck,

Corey

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
That really sucks! I hate to say it but this is not the first story I have heard of about them and others there. bang your head

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticBoy @ Feb 13 2007, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ron,

You got me scared :turd: for a minute after reading the headline...Probably another accident at Tug until I read your post. Man, Struggling with your sled's problems and overcharged you based on Performance rate. That's totally ridiculous and absurd.

BTW, Did you get the chance to talk with D&D brothers in person ?. If not, I'd suggest you call them back and straighten out the problem. Hopefully, They'll cooperate and refund you with Dealer's Courtesy somehow.

Good Luck,

Corey[/b]
Corey, I think that if they never gave much thought into what they are charging, I doubt they would be willing to refund me the money. I'm sure its not the first time they've done this to a snowmobiler up there. I just wanted to get the message out, so people know enough not to just bounce in and have them fix a sled for under $150. POWER OF THE INTERNET IS GREAT......huh

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snowman @ Feb 14 2007, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Corey, I think that if they never gave much thought into what they are charging, I doubt they would be willing to refund me the money. I'm sure its not the first time they've done this to a snowmobiler up there. I just wanted to get the message out, so people know enough not to just bounce in and have them fix a sled for under $150. POWER OF THE INTERNET IS GREAT......huh[/b]
I completely understood what you're saying. However, You'd want to try to talk with D&D brothers, Not one of their employees and let them know that you're not satisfied with their service right from the beginning to end. Also to mention that your small family owned Cat Dealer only charged you $25 for the work they've done on your sled. I dunno

Internet's a very powerful tool that rest of us rely on these days, but it can do alot of good and bad to everybody regardless of age and sex. :sure_ok:

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
So this is THE D&D Powersports??? What a shame! You could always forward this thread to them, and say that you'll remove it if they do what's right, and leave it up to them at that point.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just gonna use the power of the internet to make them change their policy on how much they charge

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snowman @ Feb 15 2007, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm just gonna use the power of the internet to make them change their policy on how much they charge[/b]
Ron, IMO...It'd be best if you talk to them directly instead of indirect when it comes to internet. D&D may have overlooked your thread. I agree with TC1's recommendation.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snowman @ Feb 13 2007, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Last week I was up at Tug Hill from wed-sat. While out riding on wednesday, my Firecat started to make alittle spittin & sputtering noise whenever I was in the moguls. I thought nothing of it and rode on. The next day we we're on a big loop and when I got into the bumps, it started to act up again. When the sled was on flat trails and at idle it was fine. It was just when I was in the bumps. By thursday night it was just getting out of hand, and now it was backfiring. Very disturbing to say the least. By now we tried to eliminate the problems by doing the following dry gas, new plugs, disconnect the throttle safety switch, unplugged the kill switch and ignition switch. We deteremined that the sled was shorting out somewhere, but wasn't 100% sure where and why. Friday morning we woke and I decided to call around to the area dealers to see if I could get my sled in. Only one that said they would see me right away was D&D Power Sports. So off we went on a 45 mile treck through some ferious whiteout conditions. When we arrived I told the guy in charge what the sled was doing and the things we tried to fix it. He had one of his mechanics take it for a spin and he found the same problem as I did. So off in the garage they went to fix my problem. He came out and said that he think knew what the problem was. I took it out and it did the same thing again. I asked him what he did, and he said that he put in new bushings on the throttle safety switch and tighten up the throttle cable. We told him that we disconnected the throttle safety switch and it still didn't work. So back in the gargae they went. He came back out in about 20 minutes saying they found a bent wire and that the shrinked wrapped it. The mechanic went out and came back saying he did find any problems with it. So I went out and true it didn't make the same noise as before. I figured they must have found something I didn't try or know about. So off to the service desk to pay up. To my surprise, I was handed a bill for $161.00. I asked him why so much, and he told me I was charged $100.00 an hour for Performance rate. This was because I came in off the trail for a repair. I couldn't believe it and expressed my last time ever coming in here. No where was it posted about a Performance rate.

Anyhow, back to the hotel I went fuming. We got suited up and off on the trails we went. I got maybe 10 miles down the trail and it started to do it again. I was so pissed that I parked the sled and paid a local to drive me back to the hotle so I could get my truck and trailer and load it up. I cut my stay 1 day, because of the sled not running right.

As soon as I got back home, I took my sled to my dealer and dropped it off. I explained to them what all happened. I called back on monday and to my surprise he said he found a exposed wire rubbing against the engine near the coil. When I went to pay the bill, it was only $25. This really made me even more pissed at D&D for way overchargeing me and not fixing the sled. I thought they we're a very first class dealership, but I won't think that anymore.

I know this is long winded, but I just wanted to get the word out, about the way D&D does buisness up at Tug Hill. Imagine that, my small family run dealership found the problem real quike and didn't overcharge me. But some big super dealership wanted to rip off a customer and not even fix the problem.[/b]

snowman,wow.thats ****ty!
but somehow i'm not surprised.i was not impressed with them at the toronto sled show this fall as well.the heavy set guy(for lack of better words)in their booth,pretty much wouldn't give anyone the time of day let alone any tech talk!
maybe i should of waved a cheeseburger in his face.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts