161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #162

·
Registered
273 Posts
Its supposed to be fully covered, even my shady bugger dealer eventually relented to not charging for oil or shop supplies.

All the dealers are trying to squeeze some extra profit out of these jobs, disgusting.

Call the # and complain about them, at the least they don't do it to somebody else.

Ride #1 on my diff, straight up ice hill with diff lock on at full power, didn't break! hurray!

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
I tried to tell they that but they said no!
Product Safety Recall Bulletin
Date: October 1, 2014
Product Line: ATV
Bulletin No: BA201501
Subject: Front Gearcase
Bulletin No:BA201502
Bulletin No: BA201503
Affected Models:Specific 2008 ATV models (400 cc and larger); Specific 2009 ATV models (400 cc and larger) with a VIN prior to 203862 (last six characters) or within the VIN range of 808001-808137.

What is the reason for this notice?
Internal components within the front gearcase do not meet Arctic Cat standards and must be replaced.
Solution 01: Install Front Gearcase Update Kit (p/n 0437-115) accord
ing to the instructions provided in the kit for 2008 700 H1 and 2008 Thundercat models along with 2009 700 H1, 2009 1000 H2, and 2009 400 ATV models.
Solution 02: Install Front Gearcase Update Kit (p/n 0437-116) accord
ing to the instructions provided in the kit for 2008 400 Auto and 2009 700 H1 Mud Pro models.
Solution 03: Install Front Gearcase Update Kit (p/n 0437-117) according to the instructions provided in the kit for 2008 500, 2008 650 H1, 2008 400 Manual, 2008 700 Diesel, and 2008 700 EFI models along with 2009 500, and 2009 550 H1 models.
What should you do? Update all affected ATV’s still at your dealership. All
registered owners of affected ATV’s will be sent a letter concerning this Product Safety Recall Bulletin. If a customer contacts you concerning this issue, please assist them in completing the necessary update.
Parts:
Order an appropriate number of Front Gearcase Update Kits (p/n 0437-115/116/117) through normal parts-ordering channels. Your dealership Parts Account will be billed and then credited upon receipt of a Warranty Claim Request.
Warranty:
A labor allowance of XX hr will be paid per affected vehicle which includes an
allowance for grease, lubricants, and shop supplies.

NOTE: Please remember that when submitting a claim, make sure to always enter the current mileage of each affected vehicle.
! WARNING Do not operate or permit any one to operate an affected vehicle until the front gearcase has been updated.

Printed in the U.S.A. ®™Trademarks of Arctic Cat Inc., Thief River Falls, MN 56701 1014

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dropped # 1 off last Tuesday. Picked up # 1 and dropped # 2 off last Thursday. # 1 cost me $16 for a seeping seal. Picked up # 2 yesterday(Monday) with no charges. Both bikes I discovered when engaging the front diff lock, the indicator comes on in the display but goes off as soon as you accelerate. The diff is locked, but the indicator should remain on steady until you disengage diff lock. There is a 1 wire pin switch mounted just above where the lock cable enters the diff housing. There is 12 volts to the pin switch and the ground to complete the circuit is the diff housing grounding to the frame. The tech used anti-seize on the through bolts mounting the diff to the frame creating a bad ground. The simple fix is to run a ground wire from the diff housing directly to your nearest point of a good ground(I'll most likely use the ground to my front winch as it's right from the battery). The indicator will work properly once this is done. The AC tech and I verified this was happening by running a temporary jumper from the diff housing to the engine housing. This dealer has 70+ recalls to do, and I am very happy with the quick turn around getting my bikes back....Thank-you to A J's in Metcalfe !

·
Registered
730 Posts
Brought mine in yesterday around 3pm and got called that it was done This morning about 11:30am. Picked it up with no extra miles on it, only charged for a new a-arm bolt, oil change, and shop supplies for $20. Note said "lot of rags/supplies." Lol
Glad to have it done quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Recall

Got mine back yesterday, just had to pay for two leaking seals. $24.00. Everything else was paid for, including all fluids & shop suppliesCat happy

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am hopefully going to drop mine off tomorrow. Might ask them to replace the seals as a preventive measure. I am not sure if they've been done recently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good day everybody! new to the site

Well I was not aware of the recall Witch I bought the bike last year with only 1000km on it and blew a hole in my front diff yesterday the bike is a 2008 700 h1 do you think arctic cat will replace my front diff? As I was not aware of the recall?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Good day everybody! new to the site

Well I was not aware of the recall Witch I bought the bike last year with only 1000km on it and blew a hole in my front diff yesterday the bike is a 2008 700 h1 do you think arctic cat will replace my front diff? As I was not aware of the recall?
Yes but find a reputable dealer to take care of this for you. I had a fuel tank replaced a couple years ago on a 2006 Firecat that had been repaired once before. No questions asked.

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
It is a safety recall they have to do something.

·
Registered
273 Posts
There is no limit on the time for the safety recall. Mine was a similar bike, had been driven gingerly for 6 years, I broke it the first day I owned it climbing a big hill. Read through this thread for info on how it was dealt with for me and others, you should get a new Diff, and labor all covered, all shop supplies, anything less is an unscrupulous dealer trying to make money from you.

Best of luck! (you shouldn't need it :) )

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Get a new dealer !

·
Registered
273 Posts
Check the previous thread, there is a contact info for Arctic cat you can complain, or just take it too another dealer, they are required to cover all the labor, AC pays them for it, lazy dealers!!!!! make me so mad!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Technically the recall only covers the ring gear replacement. A complete replacement is handled on a case by case basis.
I haven't done one that was a complete on one of the bikes that fell under the recall, but I have done a couple on out of warranty machines prior to the recall and it was cat pays for the diff, customer pays labour.
Personally I think it should be covered no questions asked, its less labour to R&R than do the update, and it is the result of the recalled part failing.
I know that we would push to get Cat to cover everything where I work. Your dealer may not be as willing to go to bat for you.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unreal. Some of these dealers double dipping.............nice along with fraud.

Make the call to Cat. Demand (in a nice way) why the charge for labor. There should be no issues. Cat is paying THEM.
While on the phone, get a list of other Cat dealers in your area for future.
If worse comes to worse, it's less than 2 hrs labor - get an invoice for everything they did, then send it in to Cat demanding a refund.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I noticed my front gear case seemed to be seeping some fluid where the it drives come from the case. Could this be related to the recall? I doubt mine has been done, it's only got 60 hours on it. I'll have to call tomorrow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well finally got my thundercat back let's see it's been since oct. Got it back on Friday. They charged me $25.00 for oil and shop supplies. I protested but they told me that cat didn't pay for it. Oh well. At least it's fixed. Anyone dealing with Jen-Cen here in Buffalo, NY that's the deal. Used her for plowing this morning she seams fine. They did adjust my shifter for me. It was just a little off. But my bill says oil and shop supplies.

Picked up my 700 H1 from Hamburg Honda (NY) today. The gear pack was in stock and only took 2 days Rockerdude Paid extra for LOF, F&R diff oil change, clean/oil air filter, etc.

Is there anything specific I should be watching for after having this recall performed?

161 - 180 of 196 Posts