Arctic Cat Forum banner

141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
MMMm so many great choices in the USA where to live, Canada is sort of pick your poison! we do have some great ATV\Dirtbike\mountain bike trails here though, world class, so can't complain there!

Anyways back on topic, hopefully nobody else has this much trouble with a full diff replacement as me. I'd ask the dealer if they need to take pictures right away to get it covered. I get the feeling they took my diff out and split it open too look inside without telling me. They said AC wanted "specific pictures" I imagine that was off the exploded pin and not something caused by running 32" Executioner\GrimReaper\BabyCatKiller\Apocolypse Mud tires (doesn't it seem like big tires all have names that relate to an apocolypse?)

Should have stuff like "Mud Lover" or "Dirty Girl" or "DigMaster 5000" I'd be all over that!

·
Administrator
35,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I guarantee Ralphs will find something to charge you for !!!! Bring a bucket of cash when you go to pick it up!!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well thats not very positive! you know I never even signed an agreement for work with them. I've been very firm with them about this recall and the last time I talked to them I said I only wanted the warranty work done and nothing else.

Maybe I'll go down on monday and remind them that I ONLY want the diff done, and make sure my machine is there in good shape.

I hate Stealerships, I hate em, they'll not get a ******* penny from me!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just called AC Canada directly, spoke with Tina. The dealer should not be charging for anything extra while doing the recall work. If they try, have the dealer contact AC immediately...

In the USA
phone: 218-681-9851
fax: 218-681-9859

In Canada
phone: 204-982-1656
fax: 204-832-0205

·
Registered
273 Posts
TTT thank you VERY much for that!!!!!! I really appreciate it! thats so awesome, I have backup in case they try to screw me again!

Lying to me on the phone about AC not covering the warranty recall, Dirty dogs at Ralphs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hope you get yours fixed alright Kingsoup. I just took mine in today so it will be interesting to see what happens when I go back to pick it up. They said it could be done by the weekend or early next week. I took pics all around and of the instrument panel readout with both hours and then mileage as well. Had a buddy tell me another guy he knew left his snowmobile at the dealer and when he went to pick it up there was almost 50 miles more on it than we he dropped it off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I brought mine in today to get the recall work done, they mentioned AC will cover everything but the oil, anyone know if this is true or false?
I just got off the phone with Arctic Cat, they cover all lubricants as well.

Does anyone have a copy of the recall letter so I can show my dealer?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
My recall fix was at zero cost to me. Had some other work done as front wheel bearings were shot and actuator was also not working. Only paid for added parts and 1/2 hour labor since ATV was already apart.

·
Administrator
35,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
I brought mine in today to get the recall work done, they mentioned AC will cover everything but the oil, anyone know if this is true or false?
I just got off the phone with Arctic Cat, they cover all lubricants as well.

Does anyone have a copy of the recall letter so I can show my dealer?

Why do some dealers have to be so shady and money hungry ? This gives dealers a bad name and it's not fair as there really are lots of A+ dealers out there !!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Of course oil should be covered, filthy buggers.
They just aren't making enough profit on a factory warranty job. They want WAY juicier repairs then just a few hrs of labor. I'm going in tomorrow to see how things are progressing and see if they are gonna try and pull a fast one.

Glad SOME people are getting through this with no hassles, as it bloody well should be.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ok I got it back today!! they didn't charge me anything extra, phewf! AC only paid them 1.8hrs to change the diff, if you include pulling the diff apart to take pictures of the damage, send them in and put a new diff in with testing, 1.8 is pretty cheap I think, typical of a warranty job. But you know thats part of being a big dealership, you have to eat it sometimes on warranty labor.

Took it for a drive on dry pavement with the 25" Maxxis tires and all the new modifications, holy CRAP it pulls pretty hard now, the torque feels HUGE compared to before, what a difference!!! After close to 2months waiting on my brand new dream-machine, I finally get to take her out on saturday, and its extra fast now! OH HAPPY DAY!!!

·
Administrator
35,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I'm pretty certain they allow more than 1.8 hours lol be careful it's really icy !!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Warranty time to r&r a complete diff is 108 minutes, or 1.8, and with practice if all goes well it is easily done in that time.

·
Administrator
35,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Wow thanks. How much are they allowing for re and re and to change the gears as per the recall ?

·
Registered
650 Posts
2.6 is what they are allowing for the update, that includes an allowance for shop supplies, but its enough time to get most bikes done and then some.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Makes sense its Icey DoorFX! I'll put in what Studs I have left from last season and hope I can make it up the hills! haven't been able to find the 7/8 length for this year I want!

Anyways I'm thrilled to have it back, hopefully anyone else will get the pictures sent right away and not get this run around. Lots of sleds having work done, and ATV's too when I went there, I'm sure much more profitable jobs then this one was.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well finally got my thundercat back let's see it's been since oct. Got it back on Friday. They charged me $25.00 for oil and shop supplies. I protested but they told me that cat didn't pay for it. Oh well. At least it's fixed. Anyone dealing with Jen-Cen here in Buffalo, NY that's the deal. Used her for plowing this morning she seams fine. They did adjust my shifter for me. It was just a little off. But my bill says oil and shop supplies.

·
Administrator
35,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Arctic cat pays for oil !!!!

141 - 160 of 196 Posts
About this Discussion
195 Replies
48 Participants
Landone
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing