Arctic Cat Forum banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
any other recalls I should know about?

2009 Thundercat 1000 h2 - I checked my vin and I'm good on this one - (otherwise the way I ride, I would have probably broke it by now), but I've got other some big issues and if its something I can get help on, I want to pursue some financial assistance; the parts are very expensive.
-->also curious about the starter recall, was that an actual recall or just updated part spec. I already did it and paid more for the reducer gear than I did for the new starter.

so, the question is, is there any list of recalls on this site or can we check by some other means ?

·
Administrator
35,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Call your dealer with your vin and he can run it through catctracker. If you look on countrycats site IIRC there is a list.

·
Administrator
35,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
There are also service bulletins for updated parts that are not a "recall". Check country cat and call your dealer regarding service bulletins. They can even tell you if they have been done by a dealer

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll do that, I already did the infamous starter upgrade, didn't realize the part had changed until I installed my starter new starter and the gears didn't quite touch the reducer. ended up paying more for the reducer than I did for the new starter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought mine 08 t cat new in 2010 i replaced the front diff before this recall. They did cover it. Was driving one day and she locked up. Broke case. Only issue iv had since. Having a flashing efi code thing happening now after i changed bad regulator

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ok first of all I want to thank who ever made this thread a sticky, because I followed up with calling a local Arctic Cat dealer close to me (little under 30 miles away that is). I gave them my 2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV 4x4 VIN # and my bike was one of the serial numbers included in the recall.

Apparently the previous owner didn't follow up when receiving a recall letter to getter done. The service manager told me he was ordering the parts for my atv and it would take about 4 or 5 days to receive the parts to do the recall procedure. Then he said when the parts come in he would give me a call and set up a time for me to bring the bike in and do the procedure, preferably morning time hours, he said we are looking at 2 1/2 to 3 hour job. All this is no cost to me he said.

He ask me if I had purchased the bike from a individual, and I said no, I purchased it from a Suzuki/Kawasaki dealership and I figured it was a trade in. He kind of got pissed then because he said before they sold that bike to you they was suppose to check and see if there was any recalls or service bulletins against it :eek. Looks like I'm getting a rebuilt front end differential. :BigGrin

Again thanks for making this important information a sticky, because I'd probably would not known anything about it.

ON EDIT: Looks like the thanks goes to doorfx for starting the thread.

Tony

·
Registered
493 Posts
I got a call this afternoon from the dealership that's going to do the recall on my atv that the parts come in today. The service manager set me up a appointment for Weds 7/25/18 to getter done.

Tony

·
Administrator
35,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Good to hear cat is still stepping up to the plate. Don’t let the dealer charge you for any shop supplies or oil.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good to hear cat is still stepping up to the plate. Don’t let the dealer charge you for any shop supplies or oil.
According to the service manager his name is Tony also, I told him we had something in common then :wink, he said I would not be charged for the procedure, I'll verify that for sure when I get over there though. This dealership is located less than a quarter mile down the service road from a Mexican food place we frequent quite often. My appointment is for 12:30pm so I'm going to drop off the Cat around 12:00pm and then go eat some fajita's :BigGrin.

Tony

·
Administrator
35,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
How did it turn out?

·
Registered
493 Posts
How did it turn out?[/QUOTE I dropped it off at 12pm and they got it back together by 4pm. No charge on anything, I was setting there in the lounge area watching tv and this mechanic walks up and said are you waiting on the Arctic Cat, yep, then he handed me the keys. I got it home pulled it off the trailer tried the 4x4, it engaged fine and I pulled it in the shop. Tomorrow I'm going to check the gear oil level to make sure it's at the right level for peace of mind. :grin

Tony

·
Administrator
35,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Thx for the update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just checked out the chat forum on recalls. Glad I did booked for next Tuesday for the replacement kit. I didn't't get a letter due to the fact the seller didn't change the owner on this so I'm guessing when they received the recall letter it went in the trash. I'll follow up after the bikes done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Safety Alert Notice
October 3, 2014

Dear Arctic Cat ATV Owner,

RE: Specific 2008 and 2009 ATV models

Our records indicate that you are a registered owner of at least one of the affected ATV’s.

What is the reason for this notice?
Internal components within the front gearcase do not meet Arctic Cat standards and must be replaced. If the internal components were to fail while operating the vehicle, the front gearcase could lock up and possibly result in property damage, personal injury, or death.

What should I do?
Stop operating your ATV immediately! Please contact an authorized Arctic Cat ATV dealership as soon as possible and make arrangements to have this very important service work completed. This service will be done at no charge to you. If you have sold the affected ATV, please contact the new owner concerning this very important matter.

We apologize for this inconvenience; however, we have taken this action in the interest of your safety and continued satisfaction of our products.

If you have any questions concerning this notice, call Arctic Cat at 1-800-279-6851.
Sincerely,
Product Service and Warranty
Hi I’m looking at a artic cat 650v2 2004 with 7000 miles for $1500 should I get it and how many miles do you think I’ll have until I need a rebuild etc

181 - 196 of 196 Posts
About this Discussion
195 Replies
48 Participants
Landone
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing