Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone run these side plates on their plow?? Do they run 90degrees to the face or do they angle out? What are they made of? Anypics would be great! It seams when I was plowing today that the side plates would be a good option. Has anyone built thheir own? thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Jan 16 2007, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i personaly am hoping for some snow to plow![/b]
Amen! We got a couple of inches yesterday morning followed by freezing rain all afternoon. The Kitty got a good workout clearing that garbage!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I plowed my laneway last year without the AC side plates, This week I just installed the side plates and thedifference is night and day, totally awesome job with the side plates. The set add a total of 5 inches to the width of the plow but it does not change the 60 inch width of cut. Each side flare out at an angle which add the 2.5 inches to each side. The existing holes in the plow end line up with the holes in the plow side and you remove the top and bottom bolt on each end of plow for the extra wing supports. You can really collect a big amount of snow with addition of the sides. I love it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I forgot to mention, they are made of heavy steel, bolts and nuts are provided in kit and they are made in Canada aye !!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't suppose you guys know the part number for them? Where'd you get them?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The AC part number is 0436-232 END PLATES and lists in the 2007 AC Arcticwear and Accessories catalog for $34.95 US funds

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks Tom!!! :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I have the side plates and had a little trouble lining up bolt holes but got it done. Were expecting 3-6 on friday so maybe I'll get a chance to try the plow for the first time.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Question, with the side plates on can you still sngle the plow and throw the snow off to the side? I'd like to have the plates to pile up in some areas but when doing the length of the driveway (300') I want to still be able to just toss it all aside.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I cant answer that question as I only plowed once the other day with 6 inches of snow. I would think that if you angled the plow, you would get more spillover the one end so to some extent it possibly would collect to one side. If that doesnt work for you, try taking one side off, I believe that would work great for pushing the snow to the side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts