Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Its a great decision. Things are looking up.

A quote from an fb post, makes complete sense.

Textron wanted this product line for the defense industry. Polaris has been deeply entrenched into providing vehicles for utility use and for SOF use. Textron is already a big player in the defense industry and this gives them another product line to offer to the DoD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
"Textron’s engineering expertise and resources will accelerate the pace of technological innovation in Arctic Cat’s already groundbreaking snowmobiles",
said Erik Nelson, TSV president and general manager, snow and international.
Nelson
stressed that the Arctic Cat brand will always live on in the company’s snow products."New snowmobiles such as the M 8000 and ZR 8000, with the new 800cc C-TEC2 two-stroke twin engine, and the ZR200 youth model, are generating strong interest from enthusiasts in advance of the winter season,"
Nelson said.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
"Textron’s engineering expertise and resources will accelerate the pace of technological innovation in Arctic Cat’s already groundbreaking snowmobiles",
said Erik Nelson, TSV president and general manager, snow and international.
Nelson
stressed that the Arctic Cat brand will always live on in the company’s snow products."New snowmobiles such as the M 8000 and ZR 8000, with the new 800cc C-TEC2 two-stroke twin engine, and the ZR200 youth model, are generating strong interest from enthusiasts in advance of the winter season,"
Nelson said.
yup and blah blah blah, I work for an OEM that bought a few companies, you know how much power THEY have? NOTHING! They own Arctic Cat in full. if they want to kill the brand, close the factories stop snowmobile production all together let me me break the news to you, if they don't make money they are done

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's just not a good move to change the name on the dirt products. Textron is stroking their egos thinking their name holds weight. The fact is, if Cat had advertising dollars to actually tell people about their products, what an incredible difference that would make. To sell it with the name Textron, the dealer will need to say it's a Cat with Textron name, that totally defeats their logic. I think they will take Cat to new heights but this was not a smart move.

·
Administrator
7,726 Posts
any new quad can be "fixed" with an ARCTIC CAT decal in large letters. Right over the textron decal.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Thanks for the brilliant comment captain obvious...
and your welcome, unfortunately that's how business works. Our company owns a world championship team. I worked for two race teams, I love the sport but the dollars coming back out of the millions we put in don't add up. The team is going to be toast real soon the way it looks. And thats what happens when your owned by someone else. The pockets are deeper but in turn they better produce.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
i think its a poor name as far as branding and advertising..cat was an established and known brand. If i ask anyone who textron is they dont know or say an oil company....or they do know and its about how they almost ruined polaris 30 some years ago.

Im glad they say they are going to leave sleds alone, but who knows.....i cant see them pulling out of sleds tho as they have made huge market gains and improvements and are making some strong products...and well if cat stopped i feel yamaha would be done as well considering they have no chassis without cat right now.

Guess time will tell

·
Registered
104 Posts
If cat doesn't prove to be a seller and doesn't move the needle in the market, I could see Textron pulling the pin, as to guys that are saying that the Textron name doesn't mean anything, and or doesn't ring a bell, down south in the UTV market, everyone who rides down there knows who Textron is.

Textron has some huge contracts with the goverment and DOD as well, my father who works for the DOD has a sneeking suspicion that they as in Textron will be trying to get into the UTV game with the government for the special forces vehicles and other things that the government uses UTVS for. Polaris holds that contract currently, and is doing well with it, however with Textron holding other contracts they have the leg up on the table when push comes to shove.

I'd hate to see Cat go away in snowmobiles, but I have to be honest, I wouldn't be one bit shocked. It's all about the profit and the dollar.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts