Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Arctic Cat mud pro. The machine has 800 miles on it. It has developed an oil leak. Look like its coming from the bottom of the motor around the oil pan. Has anyone else had this issue? Can you replace the oil pan and does the motor have to be pulled?

Thanks,
Tony

·
Administrator
7,764 Posts
Elevate the machine and pull the plastic skid plate off and give it a good look over. My 14 1000XT had an oil leak but it was loose hose clamps on the oil cooler, so check those out as well. Check the oil filter area. You should pull the skid off for every oil change as well or it makes a mess.

Reactions: trophyhunter2000

·
Administrator
7,764 Posts
From what I've read, there isnt an oil pan, its part of the crankcase. Hopefully you find the oil leak and dont have to mess with the crankcase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2014 Arctic Cat mud pro. The machine has 800 miles on it. It has developed an oil leak. Look like its coming from the bottom of the motor around the oil pan. Has anyone else had this issue? Can you replace the oil pan and does the motor have to be pulled?

Thanks,
Tony
Elevate the machine and pull the plastic skid plate off and give it a good look over. My 14 1000XT had an oil leak but it was loose hose clamps on the oil cooler, so check those out as well. Check the oil filter area. You should pull the skid off for every oil change as well or it makes a mess.
Thank you. I'll have them check that. Its at the shop as of yesterday. Said will be 4 or t weeks.
Did you see the picture of the leak I posted?

·
Administrator
7,764 Posts
I saw the pics but really cant see where its leaking. Does it leak while sitting still? or running?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When its cold it doesn't seem to leak bad. After I ride it and it heats up it leaks pretty bad even when I park it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts