Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the forum and have a question. I recently rebuilt the top and bottom end of my 2006 arctic cat M7 efi. It was a pain in the butt to get it started after the rebuild but I got it running. Sometimes the recoil would kick back like the motor was hydrolocking. We got about 2 feet of snow last night at the house and I thought I would take the sled out for a rip to see how it ran after the rebuild. I put the belt back on and started it up. When I gave it some gas, instead of going forward, the sled went backwards. What did I do wrong and what do I need to fix? Could I just have the spark plug wires backwards? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EDIT I switched the plug wires and that didn't do anything which makes sense because from my research they should both be sparking at the same time. I installed a new timing pick up with the rebuild, could that be part of the problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured I would update everyone on what the problem was. It turns out the brand new pickup I installed was faulty. I put a different one in that I knew worked and the sled ran forward just like it should.

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
Good to see you got it fixed and thanks for the update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts