Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone new to the forum I had my front diff lock up and explode axles and diff case. Good news artic cat replaced it all I was very pleased with the way artic cat fixed the problem I hope no one gets hurt before they get the problem fixed.

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Hello everyone new to the forum I had my front diff lock up and explode axles and diff case. Good news artic cat replaced it all I was very pleased with the way artic cat fixed the problem I hope no one gets hurt before they get the problem fixed.
What year and size is your machine? Where are you located ? Do you have any pictures?

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Reactions: nhblackcat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone

My front diff. Locked up on me luckily loading it up the trailer. I hurt the crap out of my wrist nothing big ! But then it went back to normal until the other day went for a ride and it cracked like a eggs ! ? called arctic cat thanks to this forum and the post and I'm taking it in today!

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Good luck. Not a lot of 09's had the problem so let us know if it is the pin weld

·
Registered
27 Posts
This thread is making me afraid to ride my 2008 TRV. I am mechanical but have never taken apart gearing before so I have recruited some friends to help. I am going to go back through the many posts and review but if someone can point me towards any steps already written up that would be great.

I plan to take it apart and correct in the next 30 days to avoid an endo suprise.

Thank you all for the fear/encouragement.

·
Registered
17 Posts
front diff

My diff blew up on my 2008 TRV this weekend. Took it all apart. It even bent the top mounting tabs. Going to the dealer tomorrow to see if there is anything that they will do for me.

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Did the weld on the pin let go? I can't see it on my phone

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Breakage of the pin they won't cover. Only if the weld let go

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have an 08 700h1 the pin let loose back in 09 had diff replaced now it happened again. Dealership says no warranty left and that since I already got a new one no chance of cat replacing again!! Also should I pull diff to verify and take pics that it was the pin again? Or would tearing in to it just make cat less likely to cover?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I dont think it will matter if you take it out to see if the pin let go. I thought that the new diffs corrected this problem. The diffs are back ordered till July. I am patiently waiting for one

·
Registered
77 Posts
I dont think it will matter if you take it out to see if the pin let go. I thought that the new diffs corrected this problem. The diffs are back ordered till July. I am patiently waiting for one
Yea but I'm just afraid maybe I got a bad 09 diff or somthing. I told my dealer about it they said not their problem even if they sold me a bad diff to begin with

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Get a new dealer !! Yes check first

·
Registered
26 Posts
'06 500 with poor Spider Gear Pin Welds

Not sure what this is worth, but I picked up this bike a few months ago without the 4x4 working so decided to tear down the front diff to see what's going on, this is what I found. I dunno

I know why there's no 4x4, but I wanted to show the welds.

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
That's pathetic lol weld them up proper and your good to go

141 - 160 of 196 Posts