Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 arctic cat front diff 550LE
here's a good example of no charge warranty replacement.

MISC LABOUR CODE (EXTERNAL) 4.34hrs 547.19

0436-901 GEAR LUBE 80-90 QT 1.00 15.99 15.99
0402-966 BOOT PROP SHAFT 1.00 7.95 7.95
1402-026 SPRING 1.00 1.95 1.95
Parts Total: 25.89
Labour Total: 547.19
Sublet Total: 0.00
Extras Total: 0.00
Tax Total: 68.79
Work Order Total: 641.87

·
Administrator
40,634 Posts
I would be calling cat. Have you dealt with this dealer before?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My question is what has A/C done for a fix on this recall. A new gear with a the same crappy weld on it?? Has anyone seen what it looks like?? Has A/C reimbursed anyone that had to pay for labour for a failed diff before the recall came out.

·
Registered
299 Posts
there are pix of the weld on the new one compared to the old on on the site here somewhere , it is much better, and they have been holding up.

After reading some of the comments about how much its costing some people, I'n not really upset that I bought the parts and just rebuilt is myself after it blew !!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am flabergasted

The horror stories are worrying me now. Think when my part comes in and the dealer notifies me I will get a firm commitment from them on the process and repair. Don't think I will commit to the repair if I am going to get hosed. This has been a goat rope from the get go. Shame shame shame, A/C

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had the diff replaced under the recall on my 08 TRV in January. They charged me for 2 diff seals, the diff fluid, and they cleaned the carb for me.
With tax bill was $180 dollars. Thought that was pretty good.

·
Administrator
40,634 Posts
Oil should not have been charged !!!

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
180 dollars for 20 dollars of seals, 8 oz of oil not bad lol.

Im glad i took mine out and had a shop weld it for 20 bux...cost me 20 dollars and 70 cents of oil

·
Administrator
40,634 Posts
I think labor for cleaning the carb was in there as well. Lol

·
Administrator
40,634 Posts
Yours is not included but to he sure call the number. I've welded several 07's with bad welds Hand Auto part Metal Rim

Reactions: joshuad508

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone know if this replacement is the WHOLE diff, housing and all or is it just the pinion? I have an 08 that AC informed me still needs this done when I was inquiring about other parts.

Anyway, I need to do my diff seals and dont want to do it if they are going to replace the whole differential...

I did post this in my other thread but thought that this would be more appropriate place for it...

Thanks!!

EDIT: I contacted my local dealer, sound like it includes the whole diff. However, AC does not cover the cost of the new seals...$14.00 and since I have the u-joint already for the front drive shaft they are going to put it in free since it will be apart anyway.

·
Administrator
40,634 Posts
Reactions: 08_AC_H1
181 - 196 of 196 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.