Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The topic is really an oxymoron. You are stuck waiting for your "dealer" to contact them and work things out.
I have been trying to get a problem with my 2006 500 4x4 fixed for a while now. You would think that one of them would call me to let me know what is going on. But if I dont call them and ask I would never hear anything. I do like my cat but I am fed up with their "customer service"

·
Registered
332 Posts
Good luck ! I end up fixing it myself from info learned on this great site. :site: welcome call

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I tell you what. This is the third time I have had to deal with the same problem. If I do not get satisfaction this time I will get my lawyer involved. 12 flat tires in just over 400 miles is out of control. I have had it into the dealer twice to repair the tire problems and when I went riding last weekend I had 4 flat tires in just 50 miles.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Why would tire problems be a arctic cat problem? Tires go flat from running too low of air pressure or being damaged by objects. I have logged many hundreds of miles with no flats, but I like 90% of all atv owners Crap can the sorry stock tires right off the bat. I replace with ITP mudlites and 589s 6 ply, never had a problem. To have so many flats you must ride in very rough areas, the use of stronger tires would solve your problems. Arctic cat did not make the tires, same as when you buy any auto or truck, If youre tires are defective I would contact the makers customer service dept and see what they offer. But they would have to be defective, no body warrants abusive use or conditions.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GunRunner @ Jan 25 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why would tire problems be a arctic cat problem? I have logged many hundreds of miles with no flats, but I like 90% of all atv owners Crap can the sorry stock tires right off the bat. I replace with ITP mudlites and 589s 6 ply, never had a problem. To have so many flats you must ride in very rough areas, the use of stronger tires would solve your problems.[/b]
I somewhat agree that the tires & wheels aren't cats problem, not covered by warrenty. That being said there are alot of people out their that believe the stock tires are great and that they shouldn't have to spend the extra money on aftermarket tires on a brand new ATV.

wolfeman5 when you say you are keep getting flats, is that from puntures or air leak through the bead or valve stem? Basically IMO your issue is with the dealer and not cat as the tires aren't a warrenty item. if you are getting puntures then that is somewhat a common issue with any manufacturer that uses cheap thin tires. Though if its leaking air out of the bead area then have the tire separated form the bead and clean the tire and wheel up real good and reinstall the tire. Let it sit for a day or two with the high air PSI in it as well.

Good Luck with your problem, but I dont think you will make it far by getting a lawyer involved in a tire related issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I was getting flats from puctures I would not be complaining to AC. But all the flats have been caused by the tire not seating to the bead. Arctic Cat has addmitted to having a problem and has warrantied the fix both times to the dealer. As far as riding rough terrain, I dont ride anything extremely rough as a matter of fact last weeks ride was on a snow covered very smooth trail.
Now about Arctic Cat not being responsible for the tires on THEIR machines I dont go along with that. If that was the case then FORD would not have paid out millions of dollars because of the firestone tires on the explorer.
The tire is on their finished product that they sell therefore they are responsible.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I have to agree with wolfeman on this one. Given my understanding of his riding terrain, this should be a covered component. The fact that Cat has warrantied it already twice tells me something. I'd have the dealer put on new tires and wheels altogether, not just tires.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wolfeman5 @ Jan 25 2007, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If that was the case then FORD would not have paid out millions of dollars because of the firestone tires on the explorer.[/b]
I'm not disagreeing with you here, except to say that Ford had to pay out because it was a safety issue.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Ok the tire is coming loose from the bead, tire pressure is what keeps it sealed, you must be running very low pressure. If you run the max 7Lbs I bet you have less flats, but if I had as much problems and it ruined my fun, I would simply change to a better tire and throw those POS in the can. Or see if the dealer or AC will credit those replacements toward a good set of tires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem with the stock tires. carlisle tires are garbage (like AC service). sell them off on ebay to someone who drives on roads and go buy yourself some good ones. the stiffer walls provide way better handling and control not to mention traction when you need it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I would be willing to throw the tires in the trash if AC would credit me the price of replacements. I dont think I should have to pay for a "Better" tire just because they put crap tires on my machine. Right now my dealer is trying to get them to do just that. I will keep you all posted.
And I am fully aware of the correct tire pressure to run in my tires and it does not make any difference. I check them all the time before, during and after a ride. For the reasons stated in my first post.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wolfeman5 @ Jan 25 2007, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If that was the case then FORD would not have paid out millions of dollars because of the firestone tires on the explorer.[/b]

I'm not too sure about that as I had a Ranger that I bought new and the tires were often flat in the mornings after just driving city streets and highways. I took the truck back and asked them repeatedly to fix them and I was told that the tires were in no way a Ford problem. I ended up getting new tires after just a couple months because I couldn't rely on the stockers. Anyway, I say count your blessings if AC did the work twice because I've never seen a manufacturer back up their tires before. Can't wait to get new ones on mine, they're always losing air. bang your head My only real AC complaint, wish they'd stuck with the Titan 489's, Dad's never had a problem with his.
JD

·
Registered
434 Posts
Those stock tire that wolfe is complaining about have had problems with the ******* on the rim of the tire getting between the rim and the bead of the tire and causing these leaks Cat is aware of it.If you have a good dealer he would get them to give you a set of the 07 stock tires many dealers have done this.But that is usually a one shot deal.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Well I did agree at first, but the whole "I'm waiting for the dealer to credit me for the cost of replacements"? Cmon, most OEM tires are junk, any vehicle you buy. I just bought my new H1 drove on the Carlisle's for a couple hundred miles and thought I was in need of some new beefy tires.. Didn't hit up AC for a credit for my new ones, didn't expect too... majority wouldn't... I don't know, my .02

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well if I just wanted new tires because I needed more traction or whatever I would agree. My whole point is that they were defective when I bought the machine. It is not a point of them not having enough grip or a deep enough lug it is the fact that they were DEFECTIVE TIRES AND SHOULD BE REPLACED. If Arctic cat replaced them with the same tires I would be happy.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Reality is the stock tires aren't defective, Carlisles run flat due to having no bead lock. Ask anyone who ran their stock Badlands, I guarantee noone would have good things to say about them...??

·
Registered
81 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wolfeman5 @ Jan 25 2007, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well if I just wanted new tires because I needed more traction or whatever I would agree. My whole point is that they were defective when I bought the machine. It is not a point of them not having enough grip or a deep enough lug it is the fact that they were DEFECTIVE TIRES AND SHOULD BE REPLACED. If Arctic cat replaced them with the same tires I would be happy.[/b]

I agree 100% .. you pay between 10-15k for the product and Cat made the decision to run with a defective/bad tire ... and they are defective for the rims they were made for make no mistake, there is a nation wide bulletin in Canada to take care of the customer with a Carlisle badland issue, so my dealer said last month when I replaced mine with mudlites ... does that mean replace, if necessary but most times they simply remove,clean, and remount unfortunatley :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know what the real kicker is.
When I bought my machine I also bought one for my son. His is a 2006 AC 400 4x4 auto with the same brand of tire. He actually has about 100 more mile than I do and so far has not had one problem with flats. My brother in law has a 2004 500 AC with the same tires and no problems with flats ever.
They both keep teasing me saying that I have the problems because mine is red and both of theirs are green.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You didn't say yours was the red one. That would be it, it thinks its a Honda. :D My bike did the same when I got it. The dealer said they would take the tires off, clean and reinstall with rim and tire sealer. So instead of having and $8.00 pr. hr. meat head at the dealer who doesn't care to be there work on my bike I did it myself. It is much better now. My tires would go flat in the garage they are realy just balloons with tread on them. As far as expecting great tires just because you bought it new, come on are you kidding. How many trucks and Jeeps have we bought and had new wheels and tires sitting waiting to put on before we even take delivery. You buy a Jeep to go off roading for $20,000 + and the stock tires suck too. It is just reality. If the dealer makes good thats great. Good luck

·
Registered
189 Posts
How are the stock rims? After changing tires dose this stop the problem with bead separating or is the stock rim junk as well. I have a brand new set mug bug’s sitting in my garage and I’m scared to go through all the hassle of changing my tires and then to find out after the stock rims has just as bad of workmen ship as the Carlisle tires that cat used. I’ve wore out my air compressor trying to keep air in them FLIPING tires. IF I need to get aftermarket rims who has a rim with the same off set as the stock rims? I can’t go no wider the sock width.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts