Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using this forum to let people know that the Arctic Cat slogin for customer service appears to be "if eveythings fine, we're here for you, when you have problems, you're on your own"

I'll explain, i bought a brand new F1000 SP in December, rode it for 74 miles and the motor blew PTO side, I had it rebuilt under warrenty, rode it another 4miles - motor blew, the dealer explained that the ECU needed to be reflashed as it was leaning out in mid throttle. now the winter is almost over, i have 78 miles on a new machine, and still as of this post i have not gotten the machine back.

I called AC and they could do nothing, I called the dealer same thing. I've missed 3 snowmobiling trips as a result of this. I spoke to AC again yesterday, and they felt for me - great, all my friends feel for me, but still no sled, no riding, no weekends away.

Next sled will be based on customer service and a company dedecated to getting their valued customers back on the trails, I have 2 AC right now, 1 f1000 and 1 ZR900, both up for sale next season.

This experience has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I think the worst part was calling the Canadian customer service line, the recording indicates that they will not take calls, but rather emails and/or fax. -

what happened to customer service, is it dead? What happened to AC, a company that was once my favorite snowmobile designer.

I have told my friends and colleges about this experience, and as the saying goes "a good thing is told to 1 person, a bad thing is told to 10 persons" This is a simple Permutation - I've been sledless for 6 weeks combined and talked about my lemon nearly everyday. Based on n(n + 1)(n + 2)...(n + r − 1), thats a lot of pleople that know about my experience.

Please respond, I'm willing to answer by email or fax - isn't that the canadian arctic cat way.

All the best with your sleds, and remember, if it breaks, you're on your own.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sorry to hear of you plight.
My understanding is that the dealer is your single point of contact for customers service. AC will not respond to buyers, only dealers. I'm not saying this is good, but that's the process.
Too me it would seem that your dealer has dropped the ball big time. They must pressure AC for a solution. The ECU re-flash notice has been out for over a week. Has your's been done? If not, why not?
If yes, why hasn't the dealer completed the neccesary repairs and returned your sled?
I'm sure there is a disconnect between your dealer and AC. This could be the responibility of AC's area rep.
We sure have seen plenty of dealerships dropping/losing AC over the past few years. My understanding is that they are fed up with AC's quality and the poor labour rate/time allowance paid for them to make the many necessary updates.
Not sure how Poo and Yamy are but it seems Doo is also hard to deal with. They will not even admit their flaws.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, and your right the dealer has dropped the ball, but when i tried to talk to AC about the dealer not living up to customer service, i got nowhere.

I don't know the history of DOO and customer service, however, just answering the phone and tring to reolve this would be a start. Thanks, again in advance, I hope you don't have to go through this.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Hey, sorry to hear about your troubles. Can't blame you for being upset at all. I probably would be too if I was in your shoes, I've been down that same road so many times. But I will tell you this... I've owned Polaris, Doo, and Yami sleds too. For me, their service quality were the nightmare stories and Cat was the good one. In the end, I believe the quality was determined by how the dealers handled everything.

Doo & Polaris customer service seemed alright, with the doo I just got sick of fixing little things every week or two after warranty was up. Sold it the next year after the warranty expired. With the Polaris, customer service seemed OK too, but the thing had horrible suspension and wouldn't start when it got cold out. I ditched it when the warranty ran out. Back to Cat. Gotta get on a sled that handles the way I want!

For Me & Yami, there was a huge problem, factory reps got involved. I could write pages about that nightmare. And even though I like the Yami product, how they handled my situation turned me off the brand for life. I may never buy another yami again, even though I kind of like some of their stuff. My Yami sled was OK, but the suspension sucked and was impossible to setup to ride properly, it was horrible compared to the Cat I switched from. The Yami was stolen out of my driveway, went back to Cat to get a great handling machine. My Yami nightmare has more to do with motorcycles than sleds.

The hinge pin for my Yami loyalty was when they let me hang high & dry, told me there was no fix for their bad waterpump design that kept blowing up monthly (moto-cross bike). They told me it worked perfectly as designed, even though it would fail monthly. It was all my problem after the warranty.

Well, a few years later I bought a parts bike with the same motor, it was one year newer than mine. It had a totally re-designed waterpump impeller/bearing system that would transplant to mine and solve the nightmare of Yami's bad/stupid design. This model with the new waterpump design sat on the showroom floor with the fix while my dealer and the factory rep war took place. They could easily have replaced with the one year newer parts and the problem would've gone away forever. But they didn't. The dealer knew about the new design, the factory knew about the new design, but they let me hang. Well, looks like they chased away a customer forever. If I didn't find out later they had the right fix all along during my warranty period, I might have been more forgiving and buy another Yami one day. IMO, it was entirely the dealer & factory rep that can take responsibility for making me not buy another Yami. Worst customer support experience ever. It wasn't the factory itself, it was their rep & dealer that worked hand in hand and prevented the proper fix when they knew of it all along.

Arctic Cat customer service is done through the dealer network. The factory really doesn't have a lot of resources in place for customer service, their customer service has no direct channel to the manufacturer level... It's all dealer except for extreme cases when there's a dispute with the dealer help may be found at the manufacturing level.

My dealer has been good. When it comes down to missing rides all I have to do is ask, he will provide me with a sled. Even for work done years after warranty. I suspect my dealer goes well above & beyond the requirements of customer services as defined by the factory.

Good luck switching brands. I haven't found what I'm looking for in other brands when it comes to customer service or sleds. They're all about the same, it's the dealer who goes to bat for you and that's where the quality of service can differ hugely between dealers. If you have trouble with the other brands and want to go back to Cat, I'd like to suggest trying a new dealer. Calling factory support numbers for any brand has never helped me, I don't expect more from a call to TRF than I got from the others. I've found a dealer that does all that for me to my satisfaction... I hope you can find a dealer like that too, regardless of which brand you choose.

:chug:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I called Cat on Tuseday, It is now Friday no call back. The dealers are back logged and dont have time for us. I have bought 7 new sleds from cat. I'm not a happy consumer. My dealer told me they dont even return there calls! We our in the race program Russ Ebert returns calls and emails within 1 hour God bless Russ. Maybe he needs to tech the rest of the company about customer relations. Im done whining but that felt good.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (markeisenberg @ Feb 23 2007, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I called Cat on Tuseday, It is now Friday no call back. The dealers are back logged and dont have time for us. I have bought 7 new sleds from cat. I'm not a happy consumer. My dealer told me they dont even return there calls! We our in the race program Russ Ebert returns calls and emails within 1 hour God bless Russ. Maybe he needs to tech the rest of the company about customer relations. Im done whining but that felt good.[/b]
I agree... For the most part almost none of the factories for any product have an 'accessible presence' with easy & 'open' consumer access.

No matter whether you're talking about sleds, welding equipment, bycicles, or juice makers... You get stone-walled almost every time.

It seems the hands that take your money in exchange for the product are often the best chance we consumers have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts