Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you have any experience with the new helmets with VRE. I am looking for a way to wire in my iPod with out having to buy the complete AC comm system.

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
22 Posts
i went to a very well known dealer in nh with the purpose of buying the vre but after talking with the saleslady didnt buy it due to the fact that they fall apart. that said, she said she would be glad to sell me one cause shes got a hundred of them, went with the txi instead

·
Registered
120 Posts
Check with you dealer.. I bought an adapter from Kramers in Sidney, ME.
It goes in the big connector on the helmet to your IPOD
Works great
Helmet Sucks.....Very Cold

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What was wrong with the helmet? What did you have before? I am currently wearing a TXI, and actually like it other than the fact that you have to take it off to do virtually anything. Do you have any experience with them? The biggest thing I liked about the Crosstec, was the fact it was a modular, and you didn't have to take it off to talk, or drink a............. soda.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a crosstech also, it is the worst helmet I have ever used. I am going back to my HJC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll second that. Worse helmet ever, going back to my polaris helmet Wind problems and plastic falling apart. Money totally wasted.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a TXI. Our family uses chatterbox's and have ipods wired into them. Not to crazy about the TXI though, it is way cold compared to my old HJC. I have never had a heated visor before, so i just bought one and over Xmas it atleast kept the fog off, but it still iced if that makes sense. Is that normal for a heated visor. My guess is, is that a heated visor typically keeps clear of fog, ice etc. and that because this TXI has so much cold air moving through, the visor won't warm up enough to keep clear. I have tried opening and closing the vents. Looking for advice or another helmet now. badcomputer

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like you have made my choice for me! Thanks for all the input on the Crosstec. It looks like I will be wearing my TXI, and spending my money on other goodies!

·
Registered
113 Posts
My other HJC is a CL-14 with a elec shield and it is a great helmet. I bought a Crosstech because it had the light system in it. I never had any problems with the HJC, I should have known not to fix it if it aint broke!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I love my TXI, much better then my previous HJC's!!

I won't be getting a Crosstec after reading this.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thank you everyone I was seriously looking into getting the helmet. I liked the idea of the integrated lights and thought it was a novel idea. Looks like Cat should have done more testing.

I currently have the SkiDoo Modular helmet (series 1) I like the helmet but it does have some issues. One of them is riding with the shield cracked and hit a bump the shield slams shut. The other is a fogging issue which I think I will be purchasing an electric shield for unless I purchase another helmet.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Series II Skidoo modular helmet?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also have a Ski-do modular series 1. It does not fog, but its getting a little old. I have also heard some horror stories about frontal impacts with them.
So I had a friend of mine pick me up a new Crosstech and heated visor at Haydays last fall.
I tried it in the U.P. over new years weekend. I am just glad it was warm out. What a waste of money!! I love the lights and the way it still has a chin-bar even though its a modular, great concept, but it wont seal.
iT WAS 30+ DEGREES AND MY FACE WAS COLD.
oops, caps loc
I dont know what to do with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've heard that last years crosstecs had some problems & Cat put out an update kit. And that the '07's have been fixed. Don't know for sure but that's what I've heard.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have never been a Doo fan, but everyone I have asked, rants and raves about the Skidoo BV2S helmet. It too has some pretty cool options, as well as the sun shield that flips down. Anyone tried this one?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought an '06 Crosstec with the '07 update kit. I was told this kit solves all the complaints of the '06's. Has anybody ridin an 07 or an 06 with the update kit?

·
Registered
61 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Krazy Kat @ Jan 14 2007, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have never been a Doo fan, but everyone I have asked, rants and raves about the Skidoo BV2S helmet. It too has some pretty cool options, as well as the sun shield that flips down. Anyone tried this one?[/b]
I have a BV2S and a modular. Both are excellent except the modular is a bit cold in extreme weather. Both are very quiet and well made. I use the BVS on cold days and the modular when it is milder. I prefer the convenience of the modular, but in the cold (-30) you risk frostbite.

·
Registered
120 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (backinblack @ Jan 14 2007, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I bought an '06 Crosstec with the '07 update kit. I was told this kit solves all the complaints of the '06's. Has anybody ridin an 07 or an 06 with the update kit?[/b]
I installed the update kit last night.
It comes with a new breath deflector and chin skirt. I can see where both of these will make the helmet warmer.
It has 4 small pieces of tape that you you to cover the top vents in the helmet.. This could cause a fogging problem.
It also has 2 pc. of foam tape for shield on the rear.

I am riding Sunday. I will post back on how it works..

The concept of the helmet is great if I could keep warm in it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xp951 @ Jan 20 2007, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (backinblack @ Jan 14 2007, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought an '06 Crosstec with the '07 update kit. I was told this kit solves all the complaints of the '06's. Has anybody ridin an 07 or an 06 with the update kit?[/b]
I installed the update kit last night.
It comes with a new breath deflector and chin skirt. I can see where both of these will make the helmet warmer.
It has 4 small pieces of tape that you you to cover the top vents in the helmet.. This could cause a fogging problem.
It also has 2 pc. of foam tape for shield on the rear.

I am riding Sunday. I will post back on how it works..

The concept of the helmet is great if I could keep warm in it.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks! Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts