Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought it would be nice to have one place to find non OEM part numbers for parts we commonly need to replace. Here is a list of a few I have found. If you have any more, like wheel bearing's, etc, let me know and I will edit this post. It is always nice to save a little cash while maintaining these things.

Belts

If your ATV uses part # 3402-757, you can use Suzuki part # 27601-09F60, about $30+ cheaper

Bushings - Shock and Control Arm

Contact Ricktherocket here on Arctic Chat. He makes a far superior bushing over OEM.

Carburetor Jet Size Cross Reference

Check Valve for Carb Vent

Option 1, type in "1/4" viton check valve" on eBay or Google" under $5
Option 2, Napa Auto Parts Part # CRB 21015, AC Delco Part #14047619

CV Boot Kits,

Precision 5860 - It is for a 00 Geo Metro. The boot fits and comes with the grease, but the bands will not work. These boots can be found for under $10. I use a Precision 3416 for the large clamp, and a Precision 3415 for the small end. They are about $2 each. Get a Lisle 30950 Banding Tool. Under $15

Easy Adjust PMS Screw.

Just type this exact phrase in Google or eBay and they will come up from a few different vendors. "CV CARBURETOR AIR FUEL SCREW" Usually under $30 shipped, and well worth it.

Oil Filters
These are the part numbers for oil filters that will fit most AC ATV's.
20 x 1mm proprietary Suzuki threads, 11 psi by-pass valve, anti-drain back valve.

AMSOil SMF 109
Baldwin 7419
Bike Master 314-0025
Champion PH7016
Cycle Power 314-1919
Emgo 10-55662
Emgo 10-55660
Fram PH6018
Hi-Flo HF138
J.C.Whitney ZX063166P
K&N 138
NAPA 1359 / WIX 51359
NAPA PS7937
Parts Unlimited
Per-Form J-509
ProPart 01-0029
Purolator ML16818
STP SMO-18
Suzuki 16510-03G00-X07
VESRAH vsf-3009
WIX 51359

Primary Shaft Support Bearing (in the CVT cover)

SKF part # 6303-2RSH/C3, can be found for under $10

Spark Plugs

If your ATV uses an NGK CR6E, you may also use-
Autolite - 4303 or XS4303
Denso - U20ESR-N or IU20 (Iridium)

If your ATV uses an NGK CPR8E, you may also use-
Denso - N24EXRB

According to the NGK web site, they do not make an iridium plug for an Arctic Cat ATV newer than 1998.

U joints

To my knowledge, Cats use 2 different U joints depending on the year/model. A large and a small.

Large U joint - Precision 391, can be found for under $20
Small U joint - Precision 392, also found for under $20

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Good write up Poco. Should be in the pinned section for sure.
Oh yeah if anybody needs a speedy sleeve for their front or rear output shafts the SKF # 99134. This was for a 02 500 so I'm not sure what else it will fit.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally found a DJ to Keihin jet size cross reference :)

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
Be careful!!! There are about three of them floating around and two are wrong!!! I think Wyo might have the correct one

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did some more research and I think this one is correct. I will check with wyo and see. I found that DJ jets are the size in MM. So a 146 is a 1.46mm.

·
Registered
82 Posts
650H1 Rear Shock Alternative - Better quality, lower price

I recently decided to try out some 17" rear shocks from the Honda 2001 - 2004 TRX 500 Rubicon.

These shocks have 1" more length, and 1" more travel than the stock shocks AND they have a larger gas tube as well as a progressive spring setup. I put them on yesterday and abused them all day. I will NEVER go back to the original shocks.

On eBay, as of today, they are $78 for the PAIR with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/381307935429

Please note, on my 650H1 I did have to push the rear arms down pretty far to get them to fit. But they DID fit. I was a little worried about the extra length and shock strength changing the geometry and rubbing on the brakes. HOWEVER, I am pleased to note that after bouncing a couple times on them they leveled up perfectly. And they DRAMATICALLY improved the ride quality. The 2 stage springs work miracles. VERY soft ride on well graded dirt or paved roads. Great damping on rough roads.

I mounted them upside down (plunger down) so that dirt and mud don't migrate down the shaft as easily, and to make adjusting easier with the tires on. They are a DIRECT FIT with the bushings included. For the "top" bushing, just leave the metal insert in. For the bottom bushing, knock the metal insert out and you are ready to go! You ABSOLUTELY can not beat the quality and improvement for the price.

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
I would check with the manufacturer to see if they can be mounted upside down.
Here is what Monroe says:

Most modern shock absorbers utilize a twin (dual) tube construction; in order to work properly the inner of the two tubes (working chamber) should stay completely filled with oil. The outer (reserve) tube contains an oil reserve along with air or a pressurized gas. If the unit is mounted inverted (rod side down), the air or gas in the outer chamber can enter the inner working chamber, resulting in poor damping performance. Therefore, twin tube shock absorbers should not be mounted upside down (or on their side), with the exception of specially designed units that incorporate a gas cell, or cellular gas material, designed to keep the gas retained in the outer reserve tube.

Reactions: FirecatV2

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. These shocks do come with a sock to keep most of the garbage out. I may turn them over and put the sock on to help cut down on any migration of dirt down the shaft and abrasion on the seals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
650H1 Rear Shock Alternative - Better quality, lower price

I recently decided to try out some 17" rear shocks from the Honda 2001 - 2004 TRX 500 Rubicon. ....
Good work, I'm just starting to look at what's available for front and back on same bike. I came across this chart from a now defunct company that does have a column for OAL (Overall Length), might be helpful. Did you ever find an alternative for the front ? How are your ebay shocks doing one season later?

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Part number listed above for the CVT cover bearing is incorrect for the Suzuki engines in the Arctic Cat 500 models, at least the 2005. Correct number from Suzuki is 09262-17048, priced at $67 is more than the Arctic Cat bearing price but suitable if Arctic Cat is back ordered.

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
The part number listed above works perfectly in the Zuki 500. $19

Reactions: jaydeesee

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good work, I'm just starting to look at what's available for front and back on same bike. I came across this chart from a now defunct company that does have a column for OAL (Overall Length), might be helpful. Did you ever find an alternative for the front ? How are your ebay shocks doing one season later?
Yes, I did. I used the same front shocks for the Honda as well. They are on eBay for $78 as well (today)

Pair of Front Shocks for Honda Rubicon 500 2001-2004 4x4, Replaces 51400-HN2-003

They have roughly 1 more inch of lift and about 3/4 inch more travel. The shocks work great. The bushings suck! After a year the front and rear shocks are both awesome but the bushing issue is a challenge. The standard rubber bushings they provide do work, they just don't last very long. The shocks themselves are great. Bonded bushing sizes are the problem. If someone can find a good bushing solution that would be great. They are not a standard size. I have been using solid bronze bushings but they are a little harsh for the small bumps. It would be great to find some good Poly or hard rubber bushings or some good bonded bushings at a decent price.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, I did. I used the same front shocks for the Honda as well. They are on eBay for $78 as well (today)

Pair of Front Shocks for Honda Rubicon 500 2001-2004 4x4, Replaces 51400-HN2-003

They have roughly 1 more inch of lift and about 3/4 inch more travel. The shocks work great. The bushings suck! After a year the front and rear shocks are both awesome but the bushing issue is a challenge. The standard rubber bushings they provide do work, they just don't last very long. The shocks themselves are great. Bonded bushing sizes are the problem. If someone can find a good bushing solution that would be great. They are not a standard size. I have been using solid bronze bushings but they are a little harsh for the small bumps. It would be great to find some good Poly or hard rubber bushings or some good bonded bushings at a decent price.
By the way, here is a picture of the difference in the rear shocks. Notice the new shock on the left, the white band is a plastic spacer between the two springs. It has different gauges of springs so that there is progressive damping. If you are riding trails without nasty bumps it soaks up the little bumps and vibration great! If you hit a hard spot it takes that too. If you look closely you can see that the shaft on the new one is heaver than the AC one, the gas / oil tube is slightly larger (better damping), the length is about 1" longer, and the travel is roughly 3/4" more. No radical change in geometry but a little extra lift and a little more travel, AND 2 stage springs!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wonder if this kit would work for the Honda shocks.

21-1008-F Honda Aftermarket Front Full Shock Bushing Kit for Most 2000-2014 350, 400, 500 Model ATV's

Zoom

Honda Aftermarket Front Full Shock Bushing Kit for Most 2000-2014 350, 400, 500 Model ATV's
Part #: 21-1008-F
List Price: $17.40
Our Price: $15.66
Qty:

Add to Cart

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wonder if this kit would work for the Honda shocks.

21-1008-F Honda Aftermarket Front Full Shock Bushing Kit for Most 2000-2014 350, 400, 500 Model ATV's's
Zoom

Honda Aftermarket Front Full Shock Bushing Kit for Most 2000-2014 350, 400, 500 Model ATV's
Part #: 21-1008-F
List Price: $17.40
Our Price: $15.66
Qty:

Add to Cart

I will likely switch to these for my winter riding season to check them out. I still LOVE the shocks and they work great! They actually seem a bit more durable than the original AC models.

These look like the same shocks I bought before:

Rear

Front

All 4

I would suggest that anyone who changes their shocks should try to do all 4 if they can. Because there is a small change in geometry and ride height, this provides a more uniform change both front and back.

And that is also an important note, these DO change the ride height and geometry a bit depending on how much pre-load you add. They are roughly 1" longer both front and back and they provide roughly an extra inch of travel both front and back. So the change is not excessive but if you have made other changes that affect your ride height or geometry this could make your ride a little squirrely if you are not careful. And because of the geometry change it is my opinion you should make the same change both front and back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
P.S. Even though I will try those bushings you note above, these DID work for me (I don't know if they are still doing it, but my original order they sent me 4 PACKS of 4 bushings each). Either way, pretty cheap price if you can wait for the shipping.

These do come from China so you will have to wait for 2-4 weeks if you decide to buy them. These go in really easy, and work really well if you take the metal insert out, add a little grease, then add just the rubber and then put the metal insert back in after the bushing is in place. Really easy and creates a nice snug fit. They last okay too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
For anyone interested, I also switched to these LED lights. They should work on most AC models but you will need to check to be sure. Lighting is decent and they use less juice so lower load on battery and magneto.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As I go through my Arctic's needs and issues I found it has worn out top ball joints on front axles. Perhaps the stock ones are priced fair enough. Some times trying to save a few dollars buying aftermarket Chinese junk one gets burned.

·
Registered
82 Posts
As I go through my Arctic's needs and issues I found it has worn out top ball joints on front axles. Perhaps the stock ones are priced fair enough. Some times trying to save a few dollars buying aftermarket Chinese junk one gets burned.
For me I was looking for something with a little more lift and travel without getting extreme. I also didn't want to break the bank on expensive stage 3 or 4 shocks. I found the generic ones listed above and they worked amazingly well for my riding and didn't make the suspension squirrelly. The exta inch of lift front and back, along with running 26" tires instead of 25s, and the extra travel were just the right combo for me. And getting them for about 1/2 the price of OEM certainly didn't hurt!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need some help crossing some parts over for a 2013 450 core
0823-214
0823-342
0823-343
I looked at the clutch, it is a kymco LAF5#1
I know someone out there has some high performance rollers!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts