Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help, my cat after 5-10 minutes running stop working. After a wile (from 5 to 120 min.) start again for short time. I replaced fuel pump, pressure regulator, pickup coil, ignition coil, voltage regulator, reimered valve bushings, temperature censor, throttle position censor and EFI module. Only 800 kilometers. No codes seen, and no idea what its can be. Fighting with it from 2015.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, thanks for fast answer, idle RPM is smoot but when you try to add some RPM it's start to misfire. Of course I replaced spark plugs and gasoline.
I did those "synchro efi" procedure every time when I change parts or disconnect battery. I installed additional voltage regulator and my voltage now between 13.7-14,8 Vols.

·
Administrator
40,365 Posts
Have you ever replaced your battery ?

·
Administrator
40,365 Posts
Check two things.
1-The intake boot clamps and boot on the engine side.
2- The wires right where they go into the throttle body. They are notorious for breaking inside the outer coating. You won’t see it.

·
Administrator
40,365 Posts
Boot is no cracks and look OK. My battery is hold charge and don't need replacement. Wires what connected to throttle body is OK.
Just because your battery holds a charge doesn’t make it good. A load test is the only way to tell if a battery is good.

·
Administrator
40,365 Posts
Boot is no cracks and look OK. My battery is hold charge and don't need replacement. Wires what connected to throttle body is OK.
How did you check the wires?

·
Administrator
40,365 Posts
Shacking everyone?

·
Administrator
40,365 Posts
Yes , but I don’t understand what you posted. Shacking everyone ?

·
Administrator
40,365 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes , but I don’t understand what you posted. Shacking everyone ?
You should concentrate to another words... I need help, my cat after 5-10 minutes running stop working. After a wile (from 5 to 120 min.) start again for short time. I replaced fuel pump, pressure regulator, pickup coil, ignition coil, voltage regulator, reimered valve bushings, temperature censor, throttle position censor and EFI module. Only 800 kilometers. No codes seen, and no idea what its can be. Fighting with it from 2015.

·
Administrator
40,365 Posts
Take it to a shop. They will figure it out in 30 minutes not six years

Reactions: 660catman

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
At the time it stalls, have you determined whether it still sparks or not? EFI requires various sensors to be in good working order for the system to work properly. Have you checked the coolant sensor, air temp sensor, crank position sensor or the MAP sensor. These procedures are in the service manual. When you said you changed EFI module, I take it you mean the ECU? Have you checked valve clearances and timing at all?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts