Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Currently Have A 2009 Z1 Turbo And I Am Looking To Upgrade to A Newer Sled 2015 or 2016 I Am Thinking About Going To A 7000 Series Sled But I Am Getting Conflicting Stories On The Fuel Mileage On This Sled.I Am looking For Some Real World Numbers On This Topic If Anyone Has One Or Knows For Sure How Many Kms To A Tank Roughly Would Be Great To Know Before I Buy One And Regret It, I Would Assume It Would Be Better Than My 9000 Series And If Not I Might As Well Stick With The 9000 Series And Have The Extra Power. If Anyone Has Real Facts On This Topic It Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks And Have A Great Day!

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
So many variables with fuel mileage it's no wonder you get conflicting stories. The major thing that affects mileage is thumb control. Don't buy assuming you'll get better mileage. And personally, I wouldn't and never have, bought for fuel mileage. But that's me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
i would think coming off the turbo you will find yourself working the 7000 pretty hard. I don't have a 7000 but i do have a Nytro and i average about 13-14, i would consider myself a pretty quick rider, although i am not one to be constantly off and on the gas like i hear some doing.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I don't think you're going to get much "real world" mpg info on that sled in this forum.

However, I have to agree with 660catman on this. So many variables with sled riding, I wouldn't try to buy a sled due to specific mpg's. What numbers have you been given that are all over the board? I would go with the average of those, if you have to have a number. From what I've read over the years for the 7000, I'm thinking mid teens is an average for mpg's. I get 14-15 with my '10 Z1 turbo, if I'm not deep in the throttle...then it drops to the 12 range. I like the 7000 sled, but there's no way at this point in my life would I give up the power of the turbo in hopes of a little better mileage of the 7000...just not that big of a difference in mpg for the loss of power.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't have any real world numbers, but I have three 7000's and I ride with some 1100's and really at best we are never much more than a gal apart from each other at the gas pumps! That's as real world as I can get! If you are looking for a sled that is GREAT from 0-65, and good on gas, then the 7000 is you sled! If you are looking to go 125 miles an hour and need gas at 120 miles out then keep you 9000!!! It's hard to have both, MPG, and MPH, they both have a affect on each other :devilish:, if you know what I mean! This is coming from a person that's had 1000 cc sleds!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have about 3,500 miles on my 16 7000, and ride with 4 Vipers (same engine-different clutches). We ride steady long miles, rarely under 275 per day, and keep up a pretty good pace. Not hammering on them, but a brisk trail pace. We all average around 15-16 mpg with average snow conditions. That relates to about 140 miles till you get scared about gas. We've gone 150 numerous times, when we had no choice, but it's nerve wracking. Generally like to go 115 to 130 on gas runs. Of course any sled will drop mpg's when plowing through a foot of powder. The engine has excellent low and mid range, but if you want to do 110 mph, look elsewhere. I know that now that I'm in my 60s, and have attended many friends' funerals, that I don't want to push my luck anymore, and keeping it under 90 is fine with me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have about 3,500 miles on my 16 7000, and ride with 4 Vipers (same engine-different clutches). We ride steady long miles, rarely under 275 per day, and keep up a pretty good pace. Not hammering on them, but a brisk trail pace. We all average around 15-16 mpg with average snow conditions. That relates to about 140 miles till you get scared about gas. We've gone 150 numerous times, when we had no choice, but it's nerve wracking. Generally like to go 115 to 130 on gas runs. Of course any sled will drop mpg's when plowing through a foot of powder. The engine has excellent low and mid range, but if you want to do 110 mph, look elsewhere. I know that now that I'm in my 60s, and have attended many friends' funerals, that I don't want to push my luck anymore, and keeping it under 90 is fine with me.
Hi! CaptainRuss99 I Just Wanted To Say Thank You For Your Post It Was Exactly What I Was looking For Someone That has One Or Knows For Sure It Doesn't Get Any More Real World Than That. There Is Nothing Wrong With That MPG That Is The Range I Was Looking For And It Sounds Like We Have Same Riding Styles, We Do About 300 A Day And Just Steady Trail Riding 60-80. Now I Just Have To Figure Out Which One I Really Want I Am Going To Look At Both Of Them This Weekend. Thanks! Again! & Happy Trails!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am pretty much trail riding in the UP 40-60mph and I get in the 13 to 14 mpg (US gallon) range consistently on my 2015 7000. As CP99 states, at 140mi you need to find gas. I am addicted to this 1049 engine and low to mid range torque.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey B.W. I back pack with my my 2015 El Tigre 7000 and usually average about 1000 miles on each of our trips. We run pretty quick during the day. I would agree with Captain and say I get about 135-145 miles out of a tank of gas on average. Great handling and smooth running sled! Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts