Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How isthe EPI mudder clutch kit for a Arctic cat 700 with 29.5 outlaws? and how well does it do on trail riding?

·
Administrator
39,141 Posts
Is yours a zuki cat?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
daltons better.....if your worried about clutching effecting trail riding id suggest a better trail tire

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes minehad the suzuki engine. I do alot of riding in muddy areas. But some I go on trail rides also I was just wondering if a clutch mod for mud tires would damage the atv or if there was a better clutch mod for mud and trails.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I did the shim mod, VDI, M109R injector and 29.5 outlaws and i have no trouble. I may even have a speedworks secondary spring. Im just to lazy to take it apart to double check.

·
Administrator
39,141 Posts
I just happen to have a vdi set up if your interested.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Merv,
Hopefully he buys it from you. Every zuki cat needs the vdi!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: doorfx

·
Administrator
39,141 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dumb question, I've had my 400 for a while but just bought an '09 700H1 this weekend. How do I know if it has the Suzuki motor? I am also looking for a clutch upgrade and looking for suggestions.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
What color is your belt cover

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Black zuki. Metal cat

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will look this evening. Thanks
Are there any mechanical differences between the two?

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
H1 is a cat motor. Does it say h1 on the pod plastic?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, it says H1 and it has metal cover. I'm also looking to buy some 29.5 OL's. How is the factory clutching for that big a tire?

·
Administrator
39,141 Posts
In the for sale section crazyotto

·
Registered
58 Posts
doorfx, I'm still beating the bush on getting a clutch but cant decide the best route. Did you have the Airdam stage1 installed by itself or install it with the rest of the clutching?(PSC/Dalton) Thinking of getting just the Airdam stage 1, but curious what to expect with just that.

·
Administrator
39,141 Posts
I started with the airdam lol but the mod bug bit me. The stage 1 definitely made a difference. I then installed the dalton secondary, then I drilled and experimented with roller weights till I got it to wheelie :)
Then I had PSC do the fixed plate mod to gain back some of the top end I lost. I added the .75 primary shim at the same time. I have a set of 42# wet clutch springs and a 5 degree timing key on the shelf that will be next

1 - 19 of 19 Posts