Artic Cat 650 v2 Vs. Brute force 650

• Brute Force 650

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know this is a AC formum but i would like to know what people prefer between the two, and the ups and downs of both.....Just kinda for fun.

·
Registered
434 Posts
for the riding I do I need all the travel and ground clearance I can get. The kawi has just over 6.5" front and just under 8" in the rear plus only 10" of clearance. Bet when the going gets rough it couldnt follow my 400. It is a great bike for the riders who prefer a more sporty feel, just not my taste

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ok I've never actually seen the kawasaki 650 but I've rode the 750 for me the seat was hard the handlebars were to low and the ride was alot rougher. I'm sure the kawasaki is faster but I'm more interested in going through the mud. My 650 has atleast an inch more ground clearence then the 750.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I've rode both and in my opinion the AC 650 V2 wins hands down!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (boilers94 @ Apr 11 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've rode both and in my opinion the AC 650 V2 wins hands down!! :thumbsup:[/b]
I think you are biased :tongue_nana: but so am I :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Well there are two 650 brutes, the one with irs and the other which is a straight rear end. The irs model is better than the straight but not near as good as the cat, I ride with guys who have both and they are good quads but the arctic V2 is built much tougher, has more ground clearance, better skid plate protection, holds more fuel, rides much better has larger racks and never runs hot which is a big issue with the kawis. We spent a lot of time our last ride to TN. waiting on a friend with a 650 brute to let his cool off, the cats radiator is much bigger and I ride with 6 more cats and not one has ever had a running hot issue. Its just a given with the brutes 650 and 750, run them hard and they overheat.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
It depends on the use of the quad. For a basic trail quad i would choose the brute 650I but for mudding and working the cat.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
what about in a drag race or top speed, how does the Kawi 650/750 stand up against the arctic V2?? ive never ridden with a kawi before..
i know that the bomb 800 wth 2 people is a close race with a V2.. drafting of course, but not enough power to get around... just enough to get there, but not around

·
Registered
487 Posts
The brute 750 will always beat a cat. my moms is stock with 27 swamplites and i could burn me and i had my mudlights 27 inchers on. Of course myne is modded.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (650boy @ Apr 12 2007, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The brute 750 will always beat a cat. my moms is stock with 27 swamplites and i could burn me and i had my mudlights 27 inchers on. Of course myne is modded.[/b]
The topic was brute 650 vs V2 650, of course a 750 will beat a V2 its a 100cc bigger motor and lighter in weight.

·
Registered
741 Posts
well, after 5500 miles on a cat v2 and now owning a Kawi 650i for almost 2000 miles.

They are 2 different beast. CAT wins in the working, mudding and LONG days in my books..

Kawi wins in the acceleration, handling at high speeds and more sporty...

They both have goods and bads.. Only thing I loved from the kawi when I got it, was it's speed handling.. now, I love more of it.. I had to adjust. It will never have the CAT clearance, that's for sure. but it's got potential.

they are both awesome machines that have come a long ways to maturity.. :)

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Two different styled machines IMO. Last year when I was still in NH, I was one key away from winning an new BF650I from the local radio station. Those in the NH, ME, MA seacoast area more than likley listened to the Buzz and the afternoon show the Ride. I was furious, it was down to four of us, and the chick that won it more than likley never rode it. The prize also included a little 250 and a tiny trailer that they were both stuffed on.

Anyhow on to the point, if all I did was pleasure trail ride, it would be the BF650 hands down. Smaller machine, same motor, completely different handling performance. Since I wanted more things, for me it's the Cat hands down. Either way, it's a V-twin so it's got the sound and performance that leaves the one lungers :drool:

V-twins rock! Cat happy

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
AC all the way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts